Old 21-03-18, 13:51
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Transporter 5.1 T30 140ps LWB Highline 4motion black panel - 22000

After a lot of thought, I have decided to sell my van. I was planning on converting it to a bit of day van but my circumstances have changed slightly recently and I don't have the time or finances (buying a house) to do the planned work and, won't have as much time to use it for its intended purpose.

Van:
Its a 63 plate lwb 140ps 6 speed manual, highline 4motion T30 with coming up to 57000 miles on the clock. Usual Highline trim with A/C, cruise, leather multifunction steering wheel etc.
Its just had it's timing belt replaced, as well as cambelt sensor and glowplugs. At this time, there was full diagnostics run without any fault codes showing - receipt to prove, dated 9th Feb.
Next Mot / sevice due Sept 18.

Things I have done:
Dealer fitted front Sportline bumper
Lowered 40mm on H&R springs
Correctly load rated Zito 935 alloy wheels finished in satin grey. Load rated tyres with plenty of tread
Also have original 16" alloy wheels with winter tyres (currently fitted)
Smoked LED tail lights from Van X
Leisure battery with split charge system
LED plinth lights on roof
Blue LED plinth lights on side walls
Mega Van Mats Mega Stretch full carpet lining in black
Polyflor Silentflor vinyl flooring in sun bleached oak (with 19Db sound reduction)
Rear windscreen wiper removal
Rear glass with heating elements replaced with normal glass and tinted in limo black - can just about see out, can see car headlights etc. You can't see in.
Front windscreen and window external cover (never used)

The suspension and wheel setup is the single best thing I have done to this van. Not only does it look great but the handling is much flatter round corners and the ride is excellent.

Sound deadening and insulation:
Mixture of Dynomat and Silent Coat on roof, sides, rear barn doors, all 4 external wheel arches, 100% coverage on internal wheel arches.
Dodo Van Liner Extreme on lower cavities
Dodo Van Liner on upper panels
Extra Dacron insulation on lower cavities
Dacron insulation on roof and rear barn doors
Dodo Pro Van Floor
Dodo Bonnet liner

I think I have remembered everything there. The van is very quiet and refined compared to a standard van.

Bad points:
The split charge system doesn't seem to be charging the leisure battery. This will need looking at.
The side blue LED lights were cheap ebay jobs and most now do not work so these will need replaced or removed. The lights on the roof were expensive B&Q ones which are perfect.
The paintwork needs a little TLC. Nothing major, there are a few small scratches and stone chips etc. Most will buff out. I was planning on taking it to a body shop to get them all professionally done.
As said I removed the rear windscreen wipers. The holes have been filled but will need sanded and painted. I have covered the holes with black vinyl. It is hard to spot that there is anything there, especially when it has a little dirt on the back.
There are a couple of marks on the seats, but again nothing major. The interior is in very good shape.

Van is in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire. Viewings / inspections / drives welcome (you can drive if you have insurance and a driving license with you).

As you can see I have put a lot of work into this van and as many of you will know, one with this combination of spec is very hard to find. Last time I checked I found one on ebay that was similar although it was a SWB, blue and completely standard ie. had no upgrades. This was listed at 20400. This van is basically a great blank canvas with the base work already done.

I am asking 22000 but open to sensible offers.

Thank you for looking, if you want to get in touch please call or message 07736315033

I am also planning to put more pictures up as soon as I can.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-03-18, 10:46
Van Guru

Default Re: Transporter 5.1 T30 140ps LWB Highline 4motion black panel - 22000

Forgot to mention, it had 4 new brake pads and discs Sept 17.

Wheels are 19x9.5 et 40 at the front and et 35 at the rear with a 5mm spacer.

Not going to post this on Ebay or anywhere for a week or so. I would take a decent reduction on price if it is sold before I do. After that I will be willing to wait until the right person sees it, and therefore will be holding out for a higher price.

And, I am prepared to travel depending on the offer and if it is easy enough for me to get back!
Old 23-03-18, 13:45
Van Guru

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-18, 09:56
Van Guru

Now on eBay and Gumtree - 20000 ono - No Vat
Old 26-03-18, 15:09
Van Guru

Another couple of photos:

Old 30-03-18, 14:48
Van Guru

Been a lot of interest but so far no one following through... last price drop 19000 ovno.
Old 14-04-18, 10:37
Van Guru

Still for sale although a lot of offers. Actually in 2 minds whether to sell it now, but will for a fair price - I think. Just about to go on holiday for a week so thought I would give this a bump before I do.

Any questions let me know (although had offers for swaps / swap + case for the van and for the wheels. Not interested in either).

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in