Old 09-02-11, 18:34
Van Jedi

Default Re: are these the springs I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
I cant help always being here lads..

The way i see it if you dont want an opinion dont ask for one on a public forum

And yes for the record they will slam your van on its backside..

Enjoy
he didnt ask for an opinion? he just asked if there the right springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-11, 18:36
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC SargentHelp For Heroes

People just try to be helpful on here, from my experience - nothing worth getting bent out of shape over
Old 09-02-11, 18:52
More than a little van obsessed
I Support Cancer Research UKI Support Children In Need

Quote:
Originally Posted by denni View Post
he didnt ask for an opinion? he just asked if there the right springs.
I'm sure Kieran is very sorry for trying to help someone making a potential mistake

I don't think it's the best way to get advice in the future though. I know I won't be bothering again

(by the way, if they are the right springs for the job or not is "an opinion" as the fact is, they are the right springs for a 30 year old cavalier. Wether they should be on a T4 or not is an opinion)

Last edited by nealglover; 09-02-11 at 18:57.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-11, 19:02
Van Guru

I cant help but get a bit deflated/demoralised by people putting down my idea's. Whats wrong with having a go at something different. People are too quick to shout someone down rather than have admeration for them taking a risk. Play it safe and be a sheep like the rest of them, or go nuts and stand out. I know what I'd rather do! Each to their own.....
Old 09-02-11, 19:07

I agree.

But how is shouting someone down for offering an opinion, and trying to point out possible difficulties in your wheel/spring combination any different ???
Old 09-02-11, 19:13
Van Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealglover View Post
I agree.

But how is shouting someone down for offering an opinion, and trying to point out possible difficulties in your wheel/spring combination any different ???
I think you're dilleberately missing the piont in order to fuel your side of the argument. This is petty and out of hand. All I wanted to accieve from my first comment was stopping kieren from stalking my threads and saboutaging them with negative comments.
Old 09-02-11, 19:21

I don't really have a "side of the argument" as you put it.
Just thought your response to Kieran was unessesary that's all.
Beyond that I couldn't give a monkeys.

But I do agree that they are not the best choice of spring for a 10j rim.
But each to their own, give it a go, anything will fit with enough effort.
Old 09-02-11, 19:23
Its about time I showed up
I Support MacmillanOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_trousers View Post
I cant help but get a bit deflated/demoralised by people putting down my idea's. Whats wrong with having a go at something different. People are too quick to shout someone down rather than have admeration for them taking a risk. Play it safe and be a sheep like the rest of them, or go nuts and stand out. I know what I'd rather do! Each to their own.....
I wasnt putting down your idea, i was giving an honest opinion to your question based on my limited experience..

I would without question have admeration for someone who turned up out of the blue with 10j porche rims on a 120mm drop.. No doubt..

I dont really understand your beef with me personally but i can tell you now im threw trying to help you..

Now go work out how your gonna get them on and prove me wrong, i for one would love to see it
Old 09-02-11, 20:00
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
I don't want to c**K up again. cheers lads!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cavalier-mk2-r...item4156890b93
All the guys are trying to do, is answer your original question, and by the looks of it, it is not the first time you have tried!!!

Kieran and Neal Glover are NOT stalking your threads, they are just helpful guy's, who are on the forum a lot, trying to help people that post threads requesting help, as not to C**K UP AGAIN

The long and short of it is, it is a public forum, anybody can answer a question posted on here, so if you dont like it, dont post the question in the first place.

Rant over.....
Old 09-02-11, 21:08
VWT4 Forum Administrator
I Support CLIC SargentI Support Cancer Research UKI Support Children In NeedOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Quote:
Hey fella - from a purely objective viewpoint can I just say it how i've seen it?

Kieran spends a lot of time on this forum...probably more than is healthy but he's an experienced guy in the arena and does tend to know what he's talking about having owned and modified more than a few T4's.
Now it may be that you feel he's stalking your threads but I have to say that's not how it appears to me. You often find on here that the same old faces pop up time and again - it's not because they're stalking you...it's because they're trying to offer advice that they think will help.

Pretty much all advice offered here on this forum is offered as an opinion...but sometimes you have to appreciate that that opinion may be well formed and in your best interests to heed.

The vast majority of the forum would like to see someone stand up and be different as demonstrated with Lumox and his ratvan, Woodcraft and his steels and the many other different projects being undertaken by members but sometimes there comes advice that you need to take - it's honestly not being done to undermine you.

I think what you may be mistaking here is the good natured, banter style of post (usually containing just a little bit of sarcasm) that's actually being posted to assist you, with the type of point scoring belittling post that's just designed to make you look stupid.
This forum tends to comprise mostly of the former and i'll vouch personally that Kieran is one of those

Hope this helps

Relish my uno !!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in