Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-07-12, 20:13
Last Triumph's Avatar
Last Triumph Last Triumph is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

Thanks.

Also - where are people getting their correct load index tyre from in these big sizes?

I've just bought (yet to collect) a 2001 2.5 (109) Tdi LWB panel van and want to put some nice wheels and tyres on it.

I;ve read plenty of articlaes about getting the correct ratings for wheels AND tyres, but no definitive info on where from.

Ebay is littered with value bundle offers such as these....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-VW-T4-T...06%26rk%3D1%26

But with a 92 load rating, I can;t see how these would work on my van?

Where are these high load rating tyres available from in bigger 18" sizes and how do I check the wheel rim load rating for what I need and what an alloy may have?

Sorry if these are silly noob questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old 01-07-12, 21:46
JefeDeMaquinas's Avatar
JefeDeMaquinas JefeDeMaquinas is offline
Serial Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VW Homeground
Posts: 3,910
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul20v View Post
et45 is ideal
but depending on wheel and application it can vary a bit
''

Don`t the bigger 321mm brakes require a different ET? They definately require 16" rims
My ETKA is messing up
Just thought I`d throw in that though even though there will not be many of the high end power T4`s in the UK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 01-07-12, 22:29
poffer poffer is online now
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,436
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

VW have a booklet on wheel/tyres and their load ratings.

As far as I know, the only VW wheels with sufficient official load rating for a T4 are Phaeton.

HTH

Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sweeney View Post
Thanks.

Also - where are people getting their correct load index tyre from in these big sizes?

I've just bought (yet to collect) a 2001 2.5 (109) Tdi LWB panel van and want to put some nice wheels and tyres on it.

I;ve read plenty of articlaes about getting the correct ratings for wheels AND tyres, but no definitive info on where from.

Ebay is littered with value bundle offers such as these....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-VW-T4-T...06%26rk%3D1%26

But with a 92 load rating, I can;t see how these would work on my van?

Where are these high load rating tyres available from in bigger 18" sizes and how do I check the wheel rim load rating for what I need and what an alloy may have?

Sorry if these are silly noob questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old 01-07-12, 23:05
Last Triumph's Avatar
Last Triumph Last Triumph is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by poffer View Post
VW have a booklet on wheel/tyres and their load ratings.

As far as I know, the only VW wheels with sufficient official load rating for a T4 are Phaeton.

HTH

Pete
Thanks.

Do most people running Merc, VW or Audi wheels just hope for the best or make a calculated risk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 02-07-12, 07:28
Rake's Avatar
Rake Rake is offline
07415125940
I Support CLIC SargentI Support Children In NeedOfficial TraderVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Liverpool UK
Posts: 6,630
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sweeney View Post
Thanks.

Do most people running Merc, VW or Audi wheels just hope for the best or make a calculated risk?
Calculated risk.

My wheels are 17's from a CLK - running fully laden for 5 years - no issues what so ever.

Oh they are soon for sale too !

Going Borbet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26  
Old 02-07-12, 12:53
paul20v's Avatar
paul20v paul20v is offline
Serial Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Pembrokeshire
Posts: 3,992
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by poffer View Post
VW have a booklet on wheel/tyres and their load ratings.

As far as I know, the only VW wheels with sufficient official load rating for a T4 are Phaeton.

HTH

Pete
800 vans have quite a good choice of the bigger audi wheels
they also only need a 97 tyre in the later years as a 2.5 so earlier ones and 1.9s could even be less
and the 97 is actually on the tyre guide on a sticker plate on my door pillar

LWB , 1200 etc will require much better loads for tyre and wheels so all T4s will vary a fair bit .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 02-07-12, 18:29
Last Triumph's Avatar
Last Triumph Last Triumph is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul20v View Post

LWB , 1200 etc will require much better loads for tyre and wheels so all T4s will vary a fair bit .
This is what's concerning me - I've bought a LWB 1200 and would like some nice wheels on, but the choice seems limited / non existent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 16-07-12, 12:24
hubbswesty hubbswesty is offline
Van Expert
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: shottingham
Posts: 44
T4 Post Icon Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

looked at that already... its useful but not totally correct?!?! some of those later ones are 5X120 (touran, golf V, skoda superb etc)

merc steels ive looked for but most are up to 16s. 17s in anything seem rare or as expensive as alloys!

maybe more trawling required....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 16-07-12, 12:34
paul20v's Avatar
paul20v paul20v is offline
Serial Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Pembrokeshire
Posts: 3,992
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbswesty View Post
looked at that already... its useful but not totally correct?!?! some of those later ones are 5X120 (touran, golf V, skoda superb etc)
Sorry matey but those vehicles you have put as wrong are 5x112
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 10-08-12, 22:15
nicklouse's Avatar
nicklouse nicklouse is offline
Vans aren't what count here...
I Support Macmillan
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: A Yorkshireman in Herefordshire.
Posts: 11,710
Default Re: All 5x112 PCD Vehicles listed

A usefull site for you

http://www.wheelfitment.net/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:05.