Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-10-14, 07:04
Timmo1966 Timmo1966 is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Derby
Posts: 1,274
Default Re: Simple veg oil answers only

I have a `95 1.9 D and run 100% Farm Foods rapeseed from May October and it loves it. The only problem that I have had is the seals went on the fuel pump but its a small price to pay when you are saving 40 every time you fill up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #82  
Old 13-05-19, 21:25
Vctr's Avatar
Vctr Vctr is offline
Van Expert
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default Re: Simple veg oil answers only

I have T4 2.5tdi Syncro 2003 AXL and about 2l of vegetable (raps) oil and which I wanna get rid of (got it for free, don't use it for cooking) and I'm wondering if I can add it to my van.
I've heard that 2.5tdi is not good with veg oil, but it's only ~2l to an almost full tank (~1:25 ratio).

So, in case if the veg oil is not good for that type of engine (I'm not sure because there are a lot of posts where people use it and a lot of posts with recommendations not to use it), can such a small portion of oil make something bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #83  
Old 13-05-19, 21:28
Hoovie's Avatar
Hoovie Hoovie is offline
More than a little van obsessed
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 7,818
Default Re: Simple veg oil answers only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vctr View Post
I have T4 2.5tdi Syncro 2003 AXL and about 2l of vegetable (raps) oil and which I wanna get rid of (got it for free, don't use it for cooking) and I'm wondering if I can add it to my van.
I've heard that 2.5tdi is not good with veg oil, but it's only ~2l to an almost full tank (~1:25 ratio).

So, in case if the veg oil is not good for that type of engine (I'm not sure because there are a lot of posts where people use it and a lot of posts with recommendations not to use it), can such a small portion of oil make something bad?
Is it worth trying just to save around 1.20?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #84  
Old 13-05-19, 21:31
Vctr's Avatar
Vctr Vctr is offline
Van Expert
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default Re: Simple veg oil answers only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Is it worth trying just to save around 1.20?
This is not about saving. If I can use that oil in my car instead of pouring it to the sink, why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #85  
Old 13-05-19, 21:50
Hoovie's Avatar
Hoovie Hoovie is offline
More than a little van obsessed
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 7,818
Default Re: Simple veg oil answers only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vctr View Post
This is not about saving. If I can use that oil in my car instead of pouring it to the sink, why not?
take it to a supermarket. There is usually a trolley or collection of donated foodstuffs for foodbanks and the like.

or just stick in in the fuel tank and worry for the next 1,000 odd miles if it will cause some damage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #86  
Old 14-05-19, 05:25
Pickledog's Avatar
Pickledog Pickledog is offline
Van Jedi
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Fife
Posts: 403
Default Re: Simple veg oil answers only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
take it to a supermarket. There is usually a trolley or collection of donated foodstuffs for foodbanks and the like.

or just stick in in the fuel tank and worry for the next 1,000 odd miles if it will cause some damage

...or buy a chip pan

The "to do list" gets bigger by the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #87  
Old 14-05-19, 05:35
Fraseb01's Avatar
Fraseb01 Fraseb01 is offline
Van Jedi
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Fife,Scotland
Posts: 367
Default Re: Simple veg oil answers only

lol, been donkeys years since i had chips from a real chip pan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:43.