VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Blue or orange hook up cable???

11K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  FUGEY BABEY 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Just ondering if there is a difference between blue and orange electric hook up cables for campsites??

I have been given a blue one witch has a trip switch on. Just wondering if this is ok to use in UK camp sites??

#3 ·
I'm pretty sure that the blue or yellow will be arctic grade, so should be more flexible and able to withstand lower temperatures, etc. than the orange, which I think is standard.

Also I think it should only be the black coloured cable which isn't allowed/approved (not sure which) for visibility reasons.

HTH.

#4 ·
iv only been on on site where they said anything about my blue lead, and said orange leads only, he change his mind when i pulled the 25 meter orange lead out, and started to lay it out in the correct maner, so surpless cable is snaked out over a large area causing more of a trip hazard than my shorter blue one.I:I:
he never said why he didnt like the blue one, and we only stayed the one night f him we found a better site the next day and no one else has ever said anything about the blue one,
at the local caravan dealer the blue ones are just the same price as orange.:confused:

#6 ·
The colour of the cable is usually just an identifier, yellow is for 110v, blue for 240v. both industrial cables. different thicknesses will carry different currents. usually either 16A or 32A,

The orange one will have blue plugs on it, again as it's 240v.

I would imagine that the only reason for it being orange is so that is can be visible on the ground on campsites. Blue doesn't tend to show up too well in green grass. This probably wouldn't apply in australia as they have orange sand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.