Old 27-11-15, 08:39
Serial Poster

Unhappy Re: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30mark View Post
Just tried accessing the site on my HTC m8, polite feedback is that the site looks terrible.

Adverts plastered all over the page, unresponsive, bland looking, I'd put your efforts into something else.

I always use 'desktop view' on my smart phone browser so dont see the need for this?
I agree with the above. Unless it is better than what we already had. What is the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-11-15, 13:44
Happy Camper :)
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

pile of [email protected], cant exit enhanced view no matter what I do ((LG G4) looks like I wont be using the forum unless I'm on my laptop. not what I paid my subs for (only use the site on my laptop)
Old 27-11-15, 16:40
Van Guru

Its flipping awful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-11-15, 10:26
Van Master Jedi

What a shock... Thought I had got another site. Sure a lot of work has gone into this, but it is terrible. What are all the damn adverts about. Please give me the old site back
Old 28-11-15, 12:04
Happy Camper :)
Official MemberVW Transporter

well, managed to exit enhanced view after using t4chippies method a good few times till it worked, down side is it's only for 90 days! whats the point of allowing users to exit and then forcing the to use it again in 90 days! seriously! hate it! and honestly feel I'll be using the site far less in the future if this is the way things are going
Old 28-11-15, 13:53
Van Jedi

T5 Post Icon Re: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4Chippy View Post
Try this, worked for me.

Go up to the button at the top left, down the bottom select exit advanced view, then click on an option (at this point you'd normally press the submit button or whatever it is and it doesn't work) press the refresh page button and get ready as an exit view bit of text pops up, quickly click on it and it lets you go back to the old view for 90 days
Thanks for that
Got rid of that crappy 'new' view
Old 28-11-15, 16:02
Van Jedi

Tbh, don't really find much need to keep a tab on this site on the go but thought I would check what the fuss was all about.

At first it looked nice but it all went down the pot from there. It was clunky to navigate and the advert feeds possibly did not help plus I can imagine someone with a small screen getting frustrated as adverts really take up to much space on such a small screen (personally was surprised to see more of these there than on here. At least on here it more forum vendors orientated. A simple request from my device did not suffice to invoke the desktop view and that got messy even with some help on here from t4Chippy.

Im probably not the best person to criticise this as barely use it and when I do (same with any site) use the desktop view instead as thats the whole point of having a phone with a big 5.5" screen (for me anyway).

I don't think coming here just saying its (keeping it just short and sweet) is going to help any of you that do use it, hence you are better off sharing your experience with a bit more detail if you want to contribute towards making it better. Its like going to the doctors and telling them you are not well
Old 28-11-15, 20:55
Van Expert

Whoa, who the deuce designed this? Terrible... I couldnt even find a T5 tab!!
Old 29-11-15, 01:17
Van Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent003 View Post
I don't think coming here just saying its (keeping it just short and sweet) is going to help any of you that do use it, hence you are better off sharing your experience with a bit more detail if you want to contribute towards making it better. Its like going to the doctors and telling them you are not well
But the consensus seems to be that you can't use it, at all. Lot of people are reporting that the tabs for navigation are missing, which means that 90% of the site just isn't accessible.

And then when you try to exit to the full site, it won't even let you do that.

It's either broken, or terrible, or both Bugs with a new site design aren't uncommon, but this shouldn't have got anywhere near going live IMHO.
Old 29-11-15, 11:14
Van Master Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4Chippy View Post
Try this, worked for me.

Go up to the button at the top left, down the bottom select exit advanced view, then click on an option (at this point you'd normally press the submit button or whatever it is and it doesn't work) press the refresh page button and get ready as an exit view bit of text pops up, quickly click on it and it lets you go back to the old view for 90 days
Sorry, doesn't work at all on an IPhone 6 IOS 9.1

Doing the above and refreshing the page just takes me straight back to the half missing home page, still in "Enhanced Mobile View".

In "Enhanced Mobile View" the site is completely unusable. It has most of the sub forums missing, no T5 sub forums seem present. The view is slow, clunky and most menu commands do not work.

Please switch this diabolical mobile version off. It's terrible.

Edit - On the third attempt I managed to get the text to exit, so can carry on using the site for 3 months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in