Old 08-12-10, 22:37
Somebody stop me!
Regional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Location: Whissonsett, in sunny Norfolk. (yes there is a place with such a name)
Default Can all 1.9 tdi converts put.................

................ The following link in your signature like i have done please. It will make it easier for newbies to find it. https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78009

Thanks muchley!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-10, 22:42
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

Default Re: Can all 1.9 tdi converts put.................

Done it! We're giving those ol' Rusty Hookers a run for their money!
Old 08-12-10, 22:52
Somebody stop me!

Location: Whissonsett, in sunny Norfolk. (yes there is a place with such a name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4 Zimbo View Post
Thanks mate, we will be provided the regular tdi convert posters do it. It just makes it easier not having to answer the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and so on, you know what i'm saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-10, 23:05
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMYJAMES View Post
Thanks mate, we will be provided the regular tdi convert posters do it. It just makes it easier not having to answer the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and so on, you know what i'm saying
I know... but unfortunately we were all in the same boat... I remember sending PM's to you, aggie & penbryn because i had no [email protected] to make the decision on what I had read - even though the answers were right in from of me
Old 08-12-10, 23:12
Somebody stop me!

Quote:
I know... but unfortunately we were all in the same boat... I remember sending PM's to you, aggie & penbryn because i had no [email protected] to make the decision on what I had read - even though the answers were right in from of me
Its silly to even think about doing the job without thoroughly reading all the main threads a few times over. That way at least you can see what you are letting yourself into and can preempt the pitfalls to stop them catching you by surprise. When i did mine i spent at least a week deciding how to go about it and learning before i did anything. Sometimes the newbies just need a shove in the right direction but as you say we have all been there. The good thing is there is more information and people to assist (remotely) now which is a major comfort. Makes you wonder how many non tdi's will be out there in 10 years time??
Old 08-12-10, 23:15
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMYJAMES View Post
Its silly to even think about doing the job without thoroughly reading all the main threads a few times over. That way at least you can see what you are letting yourself into and can preempt the pitfalls to stop them catching you by surprise. When i did mine i spent at least a week deciding how to go about it and learning before i did anything. Sometimes the newbies just need a shove in the right direction but as you say we have all been there. The good thing is there is more information and people to assist (remotely) now which is a major comfort. Makes you wonder how many non tdi's will be out there in 10 years time??
Agreed! I'm gonna be out of the loop a fair bit for the next couple of months as I'm off to Auz but will see how many more are added to the list of converts by April!

Also - bit off topic but hear you're a coastguard, and want to have a chat with you sometime about that perhaps at a show in summer or something!
Old 11-02-11, 20:17
Meithered to death

Quote:
What if your the godfather of the 1.9TDI conversion and one of the founding members of the Rustyhookers

We are now offering 1.9TDI conversions at vw connections and have our first booking in march and several potential more 1.9TDI conversions to do

VWConnections
Old 11-02-13, 10:28
Van Rookie

hi all new to the t4 side off vws just bought a nice van with engine knock read loads late in to last nigh on how to convert to tdi great posts fellas thanks for the just need two things to settle the nut lol transponder imob is this affected buy the conversion and the gear box im gessin will just bolt straight on if you could help it would be great cheer t4 buddies sorry for the spellin
Old 12-02-13, 12:35
Serial Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadub View Post
hi all new to the t4 side off vws just bought a nice van with engine knock read loads late in to last nigh on how to convert to tdi great posts fellas thanks for the just need two things to settle the nut lol transponder imob is this affected buy the conversion and the gear box im gessin will just bolt straight on if you could help it would be great cheer t4 buddies sorry for the spellin
you use the g/box you have in the van, and you use the immobiliser from the donor vehicle (box, ring thing from around the ignition key and the chip from the donor vehicle key).

The is an imobilser guide in the technical section that covers this in more detail and has some nice pictures too.

when you do the swap, make sure that you do a build thread, we like build threads!
Old 26-04-13, 19:05
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Hi everyone, I don't think my engine is long for this world & thinking of doing the tdi conversation, I just don't have the time or the space to do it myself. I know of the guy in Cornwall who could do it, is there anyone else out there, someone mentioned someone in Telford?

Any help would be great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in