Old 25-08-11, 17:10
Serial Poster
Regional Coordinator

Default Re: Biggest tyres (not wheels!!) on a T4?? Pics pleas....

Spigot rings off ebay for a few quid, drill the bolt holes from 12mm to 14mm (15 for good measure).

Make sure its the ones with the bigger offset. Ive got a set of the other ones and they dont clear the callipers and even with spacers you'll need stretched tyres.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-08-11, 22:45
Van Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty View Post
Love it. Nice one.
Old 26-08-11, 12:27
Lord of the T4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoninjaboy View Post
My favourite van on the forum

wow! really?! shucks

Not sure how much it's lifted by, been meanign to take some measurements. had to drop the front a little as the angle just ate the inner CV boots. got 20mm diff spacers and spring platform raisers on the rear.

Had to trim about 10mm off the end of each sill (the vertical bit right at the bottom) and beat the arches flat with a hammer. and also trim the bumpers about 10mm too. They don't catch at all, I can get full lock, can have a fully loaded van and trailer and they still never catch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-08-11, 21:10
Serial Poster
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKRegional Coordinator

I have original VW Multivan wheels ET 35 15x 7.5j, 235 60 15 and a -40mm drop. However they rubbed the front arches, but it seems that others have the same size and similar drop without any rubbing. I will be going back to original steels and chrome hubcaps and will have the tyres fitted to these to see if I get the same problems.

Dave.
Old 26-08-11, 21:23
Serial Poster

I've got original pre facelift steelies with 225/60 15's on the front and 235/60 15's on the back. Lowered lots, no measurements but enough to need to notch the top plates and run 10mm bump stops, and no rubbing at all, even when tyres tuck right up in the arch.
Old 26-08-11, 21:29
Serial Poster
I Support MacmillanI Support CLIC SargentHelp For HeroesI Support Cancer Research UKRegional Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maude View Post
I've got original pre facelift steelies with 225/60 15's on the front and 235/60 15's on the back. Lowered lots, no measurements but enough to need to notch the top plates and run 10mm bump stops, and no rubbing at all, even when tyres tuck right up in the arch.
You were parked just across from us at Beaulieu, I was with the black transporter painted with black board paint. Mine was the silver velle with the gold multivan wheels.

I must say your bus rocks and is one of my favourite ones on the forum, along with the tear drop of course.

What tyres are they?

Dave.
Old 26-08-11, 21:35
Serial Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djespie View Post
You were parked just across from us at Beaulieu, I was with the black transporter painted with black board paint. Mine was the silver velle with the gold multivan wheels.

I must say your bus rocks and is one of my favourite ones on the forum, along with the tear drop of course.

What tyres are they?

Dave.
Thanks for that , the blackboard one did amuse me on Sunday when everyone started drawing all over it .

The rears are Cooper Cobras and the fronts Maxxis something or other.
Old 12-09-11, 10:45
Van Guru

Some great pics here guys.

I've just picked up some 235/75 R15 tyres for the van, need to find some old 15" rims somehwere and try and get them to fit.

Just now the vans lowered 70mm all round. 60mm springs and lowering plates. I've got some HD springs I can stick on and i'm going to get some new std length shocks as the ols ones are a bit bouncy and probably sagging a little. Planning to make up 50mm spacers to go above the rear springs, wind up the torision bar 120mm (70 to take it back to std and 50mm to raise it) and 50mm extension pieces for all four shocks. The van should then sit about 70mm higher than standard and 140mm higher than it is just now. This doesn't allow for the extra lift i'll get from those big tyres which I reckon will be almost 50mm. So thats a total of 190mm lift from its current state!!

What's the thoughts on this?? Is it to much or is there anything i'm missing?? I reckon it should all work out, need some serious wheel allingment done once it's all complete i'd reckon!
Old 12-09-11, 12:12
Serial Poster
Regional Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubba441 View Post
Some great pics here guys.

I've just picked up some 235/75 R15 tyres for the van, need to find some old 15" rims somehwere and try and get them to fit.

Just now the vans lowered 70mm all round. 60mm springs and lowering plates. I've got some HD springs I can stick on and i'm going to get some new std length shocks as the ols ones are a bit bouncy and probably sagging a little. Planning to make up 50mm spacers to go above the rear springs, wind up the torision bar 120mm (70 to take it back to std and 50mm to raise it) and 50mm extension pieces for all four shocks. The van should then sit about 70mm higher than standard and 140mm higher than it is just now. This doesn't allow for the extra lift i'll get from those big tyres which I reckon will be almost 50mm. So thats a total of 190mm lift from its current state!!

What's the thoughts on this?? Is it to much or is there anything i'm missing?? I reckon it should all work out, need some serious wheel allingment done once it's all complete i'd reckon!
Drive shaft angle?
Old 12-09-11, 12:19
Van Guru

Yeah well thats the limiting factor. It's not a syncro so just the front drive shafts.

It'll be 50mm above standard it terms of the hub height from the gearbox. The rest of the lift comes from the tyres.

I'm not sure if this will be ok or not?? Anyone else done anything similar or got any thoughts??

Theres obviously a limit but I doubt 50mm is past it?? lol Don't really know though!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in