VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Full respray approaching / anything I've missed?

466 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lewisbn11 
#1 ·
Opportunity came up to get the van resprayed its 22 years old but still good. Having the windscreen out as some minor rust around it and replacing both front wings because of corrosion. Just had the slide door step area all sorted as well.

Is there anything else I should consider doing before hand? There going to take all the minor dents dings out etc but just interested what others might have done.

thanks, lew

#2 ·
Most T4 rust areas have been well covered; and on a 22 year old should have become pretty obvious by now. I am assuming you have looked at both top and bottom side?

You don't say exactly if it's a 'bare' van (Transporter), conversion or Caravelle for example; as some not so obvious areas (floor and inner wheel arch areas) are covered and can often shock when exposed. Same applies to the front steps, and finally the good old front crossmember, which has surprised quite a few owners.

If you have owned it for all those 22 years you will be much more aware than others T:T:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.