Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-09-17, 10:58
jimcroisdale jimcroisdale is offline
Van Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leeds
Posts: 4
T4 Post Icon Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

Hi all,

Been looking at this on the bay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-TRANSPO...53.m1438.l2649

Sent a message asking for more details, but heard nothing back. No other contact details or address on the advert, even though it's a business!

What to do? Does anyone know where this is?

You can let me know what you think of the van too, while you're at it :-)

Cheers,

Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 15-09-17, 11:44
scruffytoo's Avatar
scruffytoo scruffytoo is offline
More than a little van obsessed
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 6,154
T4 Post Icon Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcroisdale View Post

Sent a message asking for more details, but heard nothing back. No other contact details or address on the advert, even though it's a business!
Not registered as a business, and buys not sells ........... sold a cheap mini over 3 months ago

Original paint ...................... reminds me of Triggers broom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 15-09-17, 11:52
jimcroisdale jimcroisdale is offline
Van Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leeds
Posts: 4
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

But even so, why advertise something and then not reply to messages??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 15-09-17, 13:24
SmileyT's Avatar
SmileyT SmileyT is offline
Lord of the T4s
I Support MacmillanOfficial MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Over Le Hill, Broken Down, Solihull
Posts: 1,706
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcroisdale View Post
Hi all,

Been looking at this on the bay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-TRANSPO...53.m1438.l2649

Sent a message asking for more details, but heard nothing back. No other contact details or address on the advert, even though it's a business!

What to do? Does anyone know where this is?

You can let me know what you think of the van too, while you're at it :-)

Cheers,

Jim
Hi Jim, Ebay have now changed their rules on both listing and messaging. Yo are no longer allowed to provide telephone number or email unless you are a registered trader. This is because they don't want to miss out on their end fee as well as their listing fee.

They have also put charges up and so many now won't accept Paypal as the fees and commission work out at nearly 10%.

As a result, if you are a seller, it is impossible to give out your contact details without being in breach - unless you are cunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 15-09-17, 13:27
Lachlan13's Avatar
Lachlan13 Lachlan13 is offline
Bercow fan club
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In me LDV
Posts: 10,186
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

There is a business that shares its name but they're not selling one.

http://www.cashcarbuyer.co.uk/about_us.html

Shit driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 15-09-17, 13:52
jimcroisdale jimcroisdale is offline
Van Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leeds
Posts: 4
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

Maybe he's only interested in people who click the "make offer" button then...

Does the van look any good? I'm relatively new to the T4 shopping experience, but up to press that looks one of the better ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 15-09-17, 14:03
Hoovie's Avatar
Hoovie Hoovie is offline
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 7,953
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyT View Post
Hi Jim, Ebay have now changed their rules on both listing and messaging. Yo are no longer allowed to provide telephone number or email unless you are a registered trader. This is because they don't want to miss out on their end fee as well as their listing fee.

They have also put charges up and so many now won't accept Paypal as the fees and commission work out at nearly 10%.

As a result, if you are a seller, it is impossible to give out your contact details without being in breach - unless you are cunning.
Make eBay and Paypal fees 15% and you would be closer. It is annoying when you have to pay it (my eBay fees are in excess of 3 figures every month) but it is the cost of trading - how much is rent on a shop? Have you seen the percentage Amazon takes if you sell on their marketplace?

It is hardly surprising eBay have made this change is it though, considering the number of people who have been using it to list items at no cost (you can list 200 items a month at no cost as a private individual) and selling outside of eBay through "cunning" as you like to call it. Why should eBay allow that to continue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 15-09-17, 14:12
Hoovie's Avatar
Hoovie Hoovie is offline
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 7,953
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

FWIW, Reading the description and the way it is worded (reminds me a bit of the Split66 listings), I don't think it is such a great bargain and would need a close inspection IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 15-09-17, 15:05
Lachlan13's Avatar
Lachlan13 Lachlan13 is offline
Bercow fan club
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In me LDV
Posts: 10,186
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Make eBay and Paypal fees 15% and you would be closer. It is annoying when you have to pay it (my eBay fees are in excess of 3 figures every month) but it is the cost of trading - how much is rent on a shop? Have you seen the percentage Amazon takes if you sell on their marketplace?

It is hardly surprising eBay have made this change is it though, considering the number of people who have been using it to list items at no cost (you can list 200 items a month at no cost as a private individual) and selling outside of eBay through "cunning" as you like to call it. Why should eBay allow that to continue?
That is perhaps the case; but they're having less customers due to their ridiculous practises.
Never heard anything so stupid as not being able to give your number to interested parties.

Shit driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 15-09-17, 16:38
Hoovie's Avatar
Hoovie Hoovie is offline
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 7,953
Default Re: Found a T4 on eBay, but no contact details!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachlan13 View Post
That is perhaps the case; but they're having less customers due to their ridiculous practises.
Never heard anything so stupid as not being able to give your number to interested parties.
Hmmm, what would a company who is looking to make money prefer .... 100 customers paying nothing, or 10 customers paying 10% of the sales price?
That's a tricky one ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:07.