VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

torsion bars adjustment

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Or_GazM 
#1 ·
Hi. could someone please tell me am I correct in thinking that the rear elevation can be adjusted by raising or lowering the torsion bars at the front.
I have a lean rear n/s left to right the left being the high point, am I correct in thinking that if I raise the o/s torsion bar at the front that would actually lower the n/s rear therefor levelling the lean out, or is my thinking wrong?

Thanking you all for your replies..

#2 ·
Apparently if you alter the front torsion bar height the rear will level out,i have the same issue,rear drivers side is an inch higher then passengers,my plan is to raise the front a couple of inchs,hopefully it will level out rear then drop the front back down

#4 ·
Assuming you know, and have checked both your rear springs are still the same length and rate; you could use spring top shims to fine tune the ride height. This is a much better idea than trying to 'diagonally' adjust the vehicles attitude.

How much does it change when you throw a driver in?

#5 ·
Hi, thanks for the advice on using shims, something to consider,
I am assuming the springs are the same length and rating the van is pretty standard and original, my thinking is that since the n/s tyre to wheel arch measurement is out by 1.5cm compared with the o/s then surely this small difference can be adjusted by altering the o/s torsion bar?
I have not measured with driver in since im going by measurements and stance of van on a level surface.

#8 ·
easiest when you remove the loadT:

Rich.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.