VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Whats your favourite band?

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Pduk 
#1 ·
I play guitar and drums, I am a music man, brother is keyboard player for TTF (dance band), (father drummer 60s) stereophonic, Foo's and that...whats everyones band?

#3 ·
Everything and anything; LKJ, Deadmau5, Napalm death, Floyd, Mj Coles, Tricky, Lou Reed. Floyd in Rotterdam after a trip to a nice Rasta in Harlem is particularly memorable. Went though a bit of a Roy Harper phase (don't we all ?) Shit this is bad news, this remembering business makes me realise why i feel so knackered now. The stranglers murdered Alice Cooper at reading, least I think they did.
Jazz, reggae, blues, opera, Sleaford Mods, but they fleckin ware me out after a whiLE

#10 ·
I’m fortunate enough to have performed with some of my favourite bands, well, supported them at least. But tastes have changed.
These days I’m enjoying Bon Iver’s latest album and live, we’ll, I’ve been into psych or desert rock. I saw Fatso Jetson recently and was quite simply blown away. Mesmeric at times, it reminded me of a lazy Hawkwind set without the metal, tight as a button and twice as loud. Visually I still like OK Go for innovation and I like Frequecy Cowboy for his pure attempt at modern pop with classic valve groove.

#14 ·
My favourite band. Is my band.

I don’t really know what we are called yet.
Before the GOAT is the working title.
I’ve been in bands for 20 odd years.
But this is the one!
No. I really mean it this time. I:
Honest. ;) :D

We’ve been in rehearsals for two years now.
Start gigging this month.
I’ll post some links when we have some.

#18 ·
Wow, what a great post. I wish good luck, and godspeed to you and your band. I've been in various bands too, but that was ages ago. I still keep the instruments tough and musical blogs like this. Maybe me and my former band members will gather one day and play again.
My favorite bands are Queen, Rush, Kiss and Beatles. Yeah, those are oldies :ILU: but I'm not limited to these. With age, I discovered so many good bands of different genres like jazz, metal or funk.

#21 ·
Metallica, the late great Chris Cornell whether in one of his bands or solo, INXS, Greta Van Fleet, Iron Maiden, Joanne Shaw Taylor, The Pretty Recklass to name a few, also have Ariana Grande in the mix ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.