VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

**Need some wheel advice please**

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  JefeDeMaquinas 
#1 ·

Evening one and all,

I have found these alloys on german ebay and absolutely love them….. Pure retro, There a little small being 16's but i love them all the same. I'm based in germany (Army) so need winter or all season tyres and these already have them.

Questions being:

• Are these tyres ok for my van- 205/55 R16 94V RUN FLATS?? or do i need to buy new tyres??

• Can you change run flats for normal tyres as runnys are filled with gas?

• If i have to lose the tyres what sizes can i put on the alloy 16/7J/112

I really have confused myself as i know load index 94 is 670kg (670x4=2680kg MAX!) so if the unladen weight of a VW 2.5tdi is 1610kg then that should easy be alright as my conversion and wife weigh nowhere near a tonn….. Am i right?? or just being stupid, also can you put run flats on a van???

Simples or confused.com
:*

See less See more
#4 ·
Guten Abend!

First of all run-flats have no direct connection to the gas filling.
Gas filling started abt 10Yrs+ and has nothing to do with run flat.
U can replace these tyres with non-runflat ones IF this is OK in U`r papers (Fahrzeugpapire). For a T4 this is a non-issue
However the Loadrate is too low. A T4 should have between 99 and 104 depending on type of vehicle.
U CAN fit lower LI in Germany & go legal IF U`r TüV-macker feels this is OK & he will redusce U`r legal axle load accordingly.
Also Tyres are too low with ref LI.
Check with VAG that rims also have this LI (they came off a Audi A6 after `98MY)
Hope this helps

Schön AbendT:

#6 ·
Check actuall loadrating on rim as well I am afraif it may be abit low. Please post U`r findinga as it may be of interest to me as well.
Audi Partnumber is good.

As U state U are in Germany U will nevertheless require a vehicle complying with StvO & V5 stated Axle load.
I did not realize U had UK registration, however below & above sentence stand.
U are subject to points in Flensburg even though U are not German citizenship/hold a German License. No need to discuss that fact mate:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.