VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Passat Wheels on a T4?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  colese 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Most likely the LoadIndex on the wheel will be too low
For peace of mind on wa or the other;
Get the original parts number that is casted into the back of the rim & talk to U`r VAG dealer. He should be able to give U the correct figure. I believe U should also ask U`r dealer what will be the correct LoadIndex for your Van, have the VIN at hand to check if U ar unfamiiar with the topic at hand:)
Best of Luck

#6 ·
ive also ran passat and audi a4/6/8 alloys on as winters in my T4's for 10+years with no probs,

I know we can go on about load rating and there not strong enough.. I bet a fully loaded audi A8, carrying 4 people, capable and tested to 150mph puts more strain on the rims than a light van carrying a few cupboards and an rnr bed

its like saying , dont go near a Swan as they can break your leg with there wing..................... how many times as this happened in real life. I::D:D:D

#8 ·
@DanM; I am replying to You as I do belive You are asking for a sustainable & reliable answer.
I on my spare time attempt to render honest & legally sustainable advice.
What U do with any advice rendered either on this or other forums is U`r choice

I am sorry if that does not feel like at pat on the back to some:)

#10 ·
I've got those wheels! Running on 94xl tyres, been on the van for years according to the last owner. We've done over 10k and it's been fine. I think the link katethingy posted shows them also if you scroll down.

As others have said though, this is only an opinion on usage!

Old photo as had all the old caravan vents and roof bars etc taken off and smoothed over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.