VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

**no audi rims in here**

410K views 599 replies 233 participants last post by  satur 
#1 ·
Why do so many T4 owners put on audi rimsI: Some look o.k but after you have seen 10 vans with the same they well.. all look the same! There are some lovely rims out there with just a pinch of imagination people could find some much nicer rims:ILU:

Anybody got some retro rims they wanna show, seen something a bit different? Show us your rims (but not audi)I:

I have just ordered a set of these.....

See less See more
#48 ·
http://www.bandedsteels.com/Wheel Fitments.html

ok people,i understand why the people who run audi reps are not to happy with this thread,but wot i think wills trying to achieve is to show people how many different options there actually are out there,an how sexual some of them can be!i have posted a wheel fitment guide above,any wheels from 5x110 to 5x114.5 can be fitted to a t4(wobble bolts may be required!)an thats not including adaptors that have become more available an at realistic prices nowadays,i ran 16" porsche rims an was always getting comments/photo`s,so look for urselfs how many options u have!i get the whole oem thing,i get the rat thing an i get the custom thing,all about personal choice,an defo dont get me wrong i totally understand the money thing(totally)but i cant see wheel shops seeing the recestion through with no issues!would of thought the man with the reddies was in charge nowadays tbh,said this before if we all had the same van it`d be a boring scene,an if we all had the same mrs,well i wouldnt fancy urs much!think thats the point of this thread not to have a dig:ILU::ILU::ILU::ILU:

#49 ·
never took it as a dig.....just making the point that the audi debate seems to come up on every wheel thread now.....if people want to fit audi rims,then why not....but by making the thread...'no audi rims here'....i dont see how that can be taken any other way...next it will be merc wheels everyone frowns upon,as they are getting more common...

seems to me the froum is beginning to become obsessed with the pushing new things,yes thats good,but not everything,people on here struggle and work hard to keep,run and mod there vans....and after paying for a set of wheels they like,ecspecially a newby they are confronted by a thread like this.....not having a dig will....no where you are coming from...but toplines,bbs etc are not always in peoples grasp....i know there are some bargains out there,but not very often for the kind of money a repo set of audi rims will cost...

Push the new stuff lads,build cool vans,as you do...A:but dont frown upon others who can only afford the normal mods and average wheels....:ILU:

#60 ·
get these on the van mate

im sure they will go straight on your van i bet they are et35 same as the rs8`s you have at the mo anyway.

get em on!!!!

are they genuine split rims??

try and keep the polished dish though mate

try some paint stripper should get all the failed lacquer off

if not some 400 wet dry and elbow grease

#62 ·
I have some RS6's, couldnt get cheaper (£425) in 18's with new tyres delivered to isle of wight, i had them a few years now and love em. Another deciding factor was simple design to clean... had multispokes in the past and im far tooooooo lazy to clean them! otherwise to be fair would have been the RS8's! lol

#104 ·
just ditched my audi 15" sport rims as i won some 17" rims / tyres on ebay for £145 lol.... was getting the itch to sell the van but changing the wheels has given me the urge to carry on tinkering!!, may not be to every ones taste but i think they look alot better than what was on it before!

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.