VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Show Us Yer Steels...

458K views 753 replies 297 participants last post by  Airship17 
#1 · (Edited)
as im sure a few of you know... i love steelies:D

seem to be quite a few running em now, so lets see em...T:

mercedes s-class winter wheels. 16x7.5j, sand blasted from new, sprayed in 2k, two tone paint:ILU: have another set of these for a project ready next year;)

had this set on for nearly 4 years now and still love em T:

my new additions... gold leaf detailing over powdercoatT:

build thread HERE...

let's see what you've got.

please no 'for sale' ads clogging the thread :ILU:

See less See more
#99 ·
Hello

All Ive just ordered some of these T5 Steelies for my T4, They are fitted with Winter tyres as I keep my Alloys nice and warm in the Garage through winter (It keeps the salt off them too).

Does anyone know if its been done before and if so What should I expect?

#104 ·
there is no real 'benefit' of merc wheels.

for most it is purely cosmetic and personal taste. i have always opted for merc steels because i prefer the look of them. mine have more holes in them than standard vw steels :ILU:

mercedes steels are also readily available in 16". not so easy to find a 16" vw steel now for reasonable money. i bought some sets of merc steels a few years back and used to pay a tenner per wheel. even got a complete set for a tenner once T:

not much chance of those prices now :ILU:

there are bargains to be had though now and again.

#105 ·
Oh, right. Makes sense now, keep the similar look but a bit meatier. It sounds like what I'm after, I need to get mine off anyway as a bit rusty so a set of these would probably be good and I can tidy them up. Any tips for good places to look ? And what sort of money should I be looking to pay now?

#121 ·
We'll i'm soon to be a member of the standard steels club. Bought my van with 18in audi s4 replicas already on, but there not really what I wanted, after looking and looking at going back to steels the decision was made for me when I got given a set of 5 today from a mate, with bolts and centre caps for nowt!! need a good refurb and a couple of tyres but I cant wait to get them on now! Anyone on here know if the michelin agilis 81's are good tyres? just gotta decide on colour for the wheels now, the vans white so im leaning towards black, with a bit of colour on the centre caps. :ILU: