VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Show Us Yer Steels...

458K views 753 replies 297 participants last post by  Airship17 
#1 · (Edited)
as im sure a few of you know... i love steelies:D

seem to be quite a few running em now, so lets see em...T:

mercedes s-class winter wheels. 16x7.5j, sand blasted from new, sprayed in 2k, two tone paint:ILU: have another set of these for a project ready next year;)

had this set on for nearly 4 years now and still love em T:

my new additions... gold leaf detailing over powdercoatT:

build thread HERE...

let's see what you've got.

please no 'for sale' ads clogging the thread :ILU:

See less See more
#2 ·
as im sure a few of you know... i love steelies:D

seem to be quite a few running em now, so lets see em...T:

mercedes s-class winter wheels. 16x7.5j, sand blasted from new, sprayed in 2k, two tone paint:ILU: have another set of these for a project ready next year;)

had this set on for over 18 months now and still love em:)
Steels are SO last season.........I:

#3 ·
loving them, that is what i want to do, but mine have been outside and gone well rusty and
am unable to sort them, so am on look out for some that dont need work,
this i may have some, if i do, i will only be doing a basic paint job, not as good as yours
but will post when done, be a couple of weeks mind. I: dawn

#238 ·
See if there is a powder coating firm near you ,there are a couple near us and they seem to be doing a roaring trade painting alloys and steelies. Sandblasted painted and laquered -£35 each ,think the steels are cheaper.
Guy near me had some on display ,gold,crimson,red,black ,silver and mirror finish-the mirror looked like chrome ,really nice .
He says always lacquer them as the paint is to soft for wheel wear.

#587 ·
Mine looked well crappy when I got my van,but a drill with wire brush attachment and some elbow grease bit of etch and wheel silver the results are excellent and almost transform the van " we'll make it look cleaner and cared for"
Best of all you get a good feeling from doing it bit like polishing shoes I suppose lol.

#7 · (Edited)
I've been running these quickly painted tornado red steelies for a while now.

New std steelie project underway though, hence the "Lada":eek: thread in the pub ;)

Best thing about steels is £50 is a corner and little tyre wear. As the old ad used to say;
"Highly milode and thrifty much on your banky balance"
:D

#393 ·
Would these be standard steels. As they sit out/ look fatter ??
Im on a serious head shag due to looking at too many sets of wheels and really contemplating just sticking with my 15" steels with fatter tyres and some spacers until such time I know what I want !!!!

#23 ·
cheers for all the photos, looking goodT:

here is a set of mercs which i have just re-furbished for someone today... not the best of photos:(

how i bought them...

sand blasted...

primer... do like them in white... bit like the pug 106 rallye steelies:ILU:

top coat...

#41 ·
Dan, get yourself some hubcap clips designed for early VW stuff, cheap as chips, make a template for your holes and drill, they come with a 'sort' of rivet but i just used some self tapers, easy...........only downside on the t5 16's is that with the curviture once the caps are on there a so and so to get off...............

Rod