Old 06-05-19, 15:05
Van Man

T4 Post Icon No hot air question

I have what seems a common problem in that I can't get any hot air through the vents. I'm aware that the center vents are only cold, but it won't blow hot through the side or screen vents either. It seems that the heater control cable is not connected (heater valve doesn't move under bonnet when knob turned), but I have adjusted the valve by hand, and that hasnt made any difference either - Only had the van a week so assuming this may not have been working for some while. Any ideas? All are welcome 😀
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-19, 21:25
Full of Cr*p....
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: No hot air question

Change the valve....
Often the cable fails as the valve is too stiff for it to move.
Moving it "manually".....maybe you're just moving the lever and the actual "flappy bit" inside is not moving.
Old 07-05-19, 22:31
Van Man

This just gets weirder - so, I looked at the controls in dash - the arm is fine and moves freely and the cable is connected - but it does not appear to be connected to the heater valve in engine bay! No, I couldn't believe it either! Secondly, both pipes (assume flow and return) going into cab from engine bay are hot - hot coolant comes out bleed valve too. I should at this point say that my van has air-con retrofitted with parts from another t4, and now wondering if this has something to do with it. I'm going to have to dismantle more of the dash to find out exactly what is going on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-19, 19:02
Van Man

So turns out as my van has aircon, the system is a bit different - The cable for hot/cold control does not go directly through to the valve in engine bay, it goes to another control arm behind the dash. Either way after some fiddling with the cable it all just sprang back into life. All working perfectly now. Don't really know what I did
Old 10-05-19, 21:32
Full of Cr*p....
Official MemberVW Transporter

Check the vacuum hoses...
There are quite a few valves controlled by vacuum....if they fail, you may also lose power in the engine, or brakes ....they all are fed from the same pump....heating valves and the ECU/turbo control, brake servo....etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in