Old 09-05-16, 15:34
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: LEZ Compliance HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffytoo View Post
You are not going to be able to make it a compliant minibus, so motor home is really your only route.

I think maybe in 2018 things will change yet again and it will not matter what it is, it just won't be compliant (so I have been told ..... but things change). And if they introduce the ULEZ ................. the same will apply, but over a smaller area
There is a key bit of terminology with the LEZ which is worth keeping in mind ...

You can have a COMPLIANT vehicle, and a NON-COMPLIANT vehicle, but the 3rd option is "NOT SUBJECT TO LEZ"
If you reregister your non-compliant panel van to a Motor Caravan and it is under 2.5t, then it does not make it complaint, it makes it exempt from LEZ, same as all Motor Cars are.

If you want to drive within the CC zone as well as the LEZ then a 9 seater Caravelle should be the best option, as a vehicle with 9 seats or more can be exempt from CC charges if you register it with TfL (10/annum charge).
I know it is a newer vehicle then the OP has, but my Shuttle is "Not Subject to LEZ" (note, not Compliant) and is currently exempt from CC fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-16, 16:50
Van Expert

I had my 2000 T4 Trident weighed and replated at just under 2.5 and all's now good with it in LEZ.

Congestion charge a different matter, just avoid it or pay daily (60 fine if you don't) or you can register for automatic payments if you do happen to enter it.
Old 10-05-16, 07:26
Serial Poster
Official MemberVW Transporter

Have a read here:-
Ultra LEZ https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...-emission-zone

LEZ https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone

LEZ Vehicle Types https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low...ed?intcmp=2266 Note different rules apply to vehicles first registered before 1st Jan 2002, and some rules are waiting for date related triggers to bring them into effect.

LEZ approach on LGV, Vans, Minibuses and 4x4 plus Case Studies) https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low...buses-and-4x4s

You will also see how Land-Rovers get very special treatment (or is it favoritism )

I have an original build Caravelle, I spent quite a while trying to get it correctly exempted. Originally there was no support to handle exceptions unless it was a lorry. When the LEZ became active the wider impact was felt and action taken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-16, 07:53
More than a little van obsessed

T4 Post Icon Re: LEZ Compliance HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
There is a key bit of terminology with the LEZ which is worth keeping in mind ...

You can have a COMPLIANT vehicle, and a NON-COMPLIANT vehicle, but the 3rd option is "NOT SUBJECT TO LEZ"
If you reregister your non-compliant panel van to a Motor Caravan and it is under 2.5t, then it does not make it complaint, it makes it exempt from LEZ, same as all Motor Cars are.

If you want to drive within the CC zone as well as the LEZ then a 9 seater Caravelle should be the best option, as a vehicle with 9 seats or more can be exempt from CC charges if you register it with TfL (10/annum charge).
I know it is a newer vehicle then the OP has, but my Shuttle is "Not Subject to LEZ" (note, not Compliant) and is currently exempt from CC fees.
Did the small print thing years ago as I live right on the edge of it ............... compliant, exempt whatever it will change agin.

It's all about what to do to be allowed in at the present time, not what badge you are wearing They are all listed on the 'compliance checker'.

The not subject to only states the following anyway "According to our records this vehicle is not subject to the Low Emission Zone and is not required to meet the Low Emission Zone standards this time"
Next time it will probably fail miserably

We most of us are only on borrowed time ........... take Germany as an example

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in