Old 30-09-14, 19:44
Van Man

Default 1999 T4 Auto Sleeper Trooper 4-berth. Full Sevice History. Beautiful condition....

It's not often that you come across a camper where the interior has never actually been used for camping in, but that's what we have here.

This Auto Sleeper Trooper was purchased new in August 1999 by an elderly couple in Surrey. They used the van for regular continental trips, but preferred to stay in hotels rather than using the camper interior. In 2007, the husband passed away and the camper saw little use until I acquired it earlier this year. To date the camper has clocked up 76,501 miles with work always being carried out by a VW main dealer at prescribed intervals- the service book is fully stamped up to date with the last full service being carried out at 76,213 miles. As you would imagine for such a well maintained vehicle, it runs and drives perfectly- the 2.5 turbo diesel motor is superb and economical.

So here it is (apologies for the dirtiness of the van, I took the photos without cleaning it).....

I told a bit of a white lie above; it has been slept in once- last weekend. I thought I'd better try it out before offering it for sale. So what do you get in an Auto Sleeper interior then? Lets have a look shall we....

Passenger "captain's chair" swivels around. Ahoy!....

The interior, having not really been used, is in tip-top condition...

Looking up to the roof....

The hob/grill and sink have never been used. The grill pan is still in a box. As the electric pump for the water had never been used, it had seized up so I fitted a brand new pump...

Under sink space with cutlery drawer and crockery set...

Cold beer anyone? Three-way fridge/freezer. I took this out and serviced it. It will run off gas, 240v mains or 12v leisure battery (I just also fitted a new leisure battery.) Cupboard next to it is for the Porta Potti which I have, still in its original packaging and un-soiled...

Next cupboard along is for the RCD/fusebox and gas supply taps...

Under the double rock-and-roll bed is a huge drawer which contains table legs for the two tables and the smaller table for the captain's chair...

The captain's table. Not much room for invited guests though aboard this vessel...

The larger table is stowed behind the driver's seat when not in use...

Deep storage locker with basket next to the sink unit. It is possibly bottomless, I have never ventured further down than the suspended basket shown...

ZIG unit on the side of the wardrobe. This is for controlling the power. You do really feel in command of something special when you press the buttons here, a bit like James Kirk, but instead of controlling the Warp Drive, you're monitoring the level of the water tank. There's a 240v socket here too, something that the Starship Enterprise does not have. The thermostat for the blown hot air Propex heating is here too...

Deep wardrobe with access doors from the side and also from the rear of the camper...

All the side windows have pull-down black-out blinds...

...and the original curtains are still in-situ all round...

All the side windows also have pull-down fly screens. To stop flies...

Rear of the van with parcel shelf, Porta Potti, leisure battery pod, wardrobe access and LPG bottle storage...

The roof has solid sides when you pop it up. Here's the bed in the roof...

That's about all I can show you! Price is 16k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-09-14, 22:21
Van Rookie

Default Re: 1999 T4 Auto Sleeper Trooper 4-berth. Full Sevice History. Beautiful condition...

That is a gorgeous little number, shame it's 6k over my budget what a little gem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in