Old 12-05-18, 21:33
Van Man

T4 Post Icon Newbie from Somerset

Hello, I just joined here yesterday and like to say hi, I am on the lookout for a VW T4 swb that I would like as a project to work on it or pay for it how I like it to be to use it for camping and like to travel various places in the UK that I always wanted to see.

I just had a day out in Vanwest in Brean and saw some wonderful vans, some of them have paid big money for it and some done on a budget and it still looked good, there was some classy ones.

It's true that 1.9 turbo diesel is so slow? people was saying go for the 19 tdi or 2.5 tdi engines and avoid petrol ones as they drink too much juice!

I am very tall guy 6'4", the rock and roll chair/bed is too short for me so happy to sleep on the floor of the van after having fully insulated carpet lining all over, it will be mostly one or two people sleeping it and have one chair fixed on one side and keep the floor open for storage and sleeping, on the same side of the chair to have a small cabin for a tiny fridge and a little cooker/sink maybe behind driver's seat or over rear wheel arch behind in van seat?

I like to the simple look to have Mercs Vito Sport steel wheel 16" and lowered to 30 or 40 mm, (good choice?)

LCD front light, side and rear windows blacked/tinted, maybe rear spoiler for open tailgate.

Captain's chair with double passage chair and another caption chair in the back of van.

Where to find a good van about what what price to expect to pay, I was think paying max 5k and have a budget of 5k to do the work on it, is that a reasonable target?

As I mentioned before, I am new to this and have research on ebay and internet aswell taking a few people who own them, the T5 is taking over but it's too pricey for me, personally I think T4 looked better if done up right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-18, 22:39
Serial Poster

Default Re: Newbie from Somerset

If I'm reading your post correct then total budget 10 k
You could definitely get a nice t4 or a t5 for that bud
Do lots of home work and be 100% sure what you want before you buy
Welcome to the forum bud and good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in