Old 06-09-13, 21:09
Van Pro

T4 Post Icon Rainbow Conversions - Customer Service issue- my rights?

I bought a Fiamma water pump for my campervan as I believed it was faulty and needed replaced from what is reputable conversion company by phone a few weeks ago.
A local guy who does camper conversions came round with an electrical meter and checked the tap and told be it was actually the tap that was faulty and not my water pump
I called the Rainbow straight away and told them the I was returning the pump unused in the original box as per their 'returns policy '
Over the last 2 weeks i've had various stories from their sales people ' oh its with accounts' 'oh, we are still processing the return' etc.
Today i get home and the pump is back with a letter saying that the pump pressure valve has been 'wound out' rendering it 'unsellable' and they cannot mow refund me!
Now the only way that this pump can have had the pressure valve adjusted was before it left them. In fact it looked to me like the pump had been possibly used before as it wasn't in a sealed box and had some signs of wear.
Any ideas where I go from here, and don't say ebay....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-13, 11:02
Van Master Jedi
I Support CLIC Sargent

Default Re: Rainbow Conversions - Customer Service issue- my rights?

Have an outstanding issue with them at the mo regarding a recent purchase. Phoned, they asked for pictures of the problem, emailed pictures, phoned to ask if they got them - as there was no response on email, quite a short response along the lines of 'we get inundated with emails over the weekend blah blah blah we are dealing with it'. But what do I care that you get loads of emails? If you can't deal with them all then employ more staff....Anyway 1 week on and nothing heard fron them at all.

They were quick enough to get the order out to us, and were the cheapest including postage, but as you say a well known reputable company.

As for your rights I'm not sure, but I believe you should research distance selling regulations, if you paid by paypal there is some sort of protection there, beyond that it's possibly trading standards and bad mouthing them on the internet....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in