Old 27-11-13, 18:08
Van Master Jedi

Default Re: Redex Diesel every fill up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
Amen.

Profit is a major driver of course.

The case for high quality additives is very much cast in stone and widely accepted in the industry. I could write 10 pages as to why but it is sufficient to say that the main drivers for additives are Environment, Legislation and Economic value to the consumer.

Fuel companies themselves offer Premium Fuels, these fuels are additized fuels and substantiate their viability.

A prime example of additive industry response to changing market conditions is provided by the introduction
of environmentally friendly very low sulphur diesel fuels.

These fuels have, because of the absence of natural lubricity, generated higher wear in fuel pumps leading to premature failure. The use of lubricity additives has restored the lubricity of these new fuels to that of more conventional diesel fuel.
Further changes generated by environmental need or other forces will undoubtedly follow.

There will be an increasing need for industry and the legislators to make informed judgments balancing what may be major
benefits against small disadvantages - perhaps a significant improvement in air quality to be balanced against
the need for extra precautions in product handling.

Interesting conversation.
I hear this, but despite many people making similar claims used to think it was all a bit unlikely, but the difference in my old AAB would confirm there must be some truth, so I also presume the older technology is more reliant on the additives than newer engines manufactured to cope with the changing fuels.
By far the biggest difference with mine is that it has always been very lumpy when first started, especially during the winter, it would also put in a big vibration when revved then settling to idle, this was evident by the noise of the ancillary belt clattering (belt, tensioner etc changed) But here's the thing, after a couple of tanks of Redex it's smooth & no more rough idle when cold...If I leave it out it quickly returns to rough running again & noisy under load, literally within a couple of tankfull's?

Is this poor quality fuel or is the Redex additive masking / compensating for another problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-11-13, 19:40
Lord of the T4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumerset taxi View Post
Is this poor quality fuel or is the Redex additive masking / compensating for another problem?
Give 2 stroke oil a try, you might find it does exactly the same thing but is cheaper.
Old 27-11-13, 21:20
Van Master Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubDick View Post
Give 2 stroke oil a try, you might find it does exactly the same thing but is cheaper.
Every time I've put 2 smoke in, my fuel pump drips a little at the pulley end? Can't fathom why but as long as I don't use it, it don't leak.
The big 1ltr Redex is about 8 so works out close enough on price not to make owt difference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-11-13, 21:57
I Support CLIC SargentI Support Children In NeedOfficial TraderVW Transporter

I will refrain from commenting any further due to the title of this thread and my own interests in the topic.

On a final note I will say that our additive is the most comprehensive of Those being discussed and is formulated to be
Used in small doses with every fill. Unlike 2 stroke oil it is designed to be used in diesel fuel and Diesel engines.

It's your prerogative to use what ever you see fit, I'm only offering knowledge.
Old 27-11-13, 22:08
Vans aren't what count here...
I Support Macmillan

Quote:
It's your prerogative to use what ever you see fit, I'm only offering knowledge.
best bit of info on here.

having used 2 stroke oil before having heard of Rhino and found that yes the 2 stroke did seem to make things run a little quieter i found the general performance and MPG not as good. Been running Rhino for about a year (just over maybe) and the van has never been running as good even on a 50/50 veg diesel mix. last brim to i had better fill up was over 650 miles and that was not even trying to get the miles out of it.

bit of a no brainer for me.
Old 28-11-13, 06:25
Van Jedi

T4 Post Icon Re: Redex Diesel every fill up?

Quote:
Hi vwnemo,

Whatever choice you make I just wanted to demonstrate the low cost of using DR.

it basically works out at 0.41p per 10 L of fuel when bought in 500ml quantities
and 0.25p per 10 L of fuel when bought in the 2.5L container.

When balanced against its benefits it gives, it is in our opinion quite cheap.

Yes, a bottle does cost 16.20, but it goes a long long way.

Kind regards.

Ron.
I agree Ron but have you worked the price out with postage and a dosing nozzle so its a bit more than that!

PS I have just purchased a bottle any way to give it a whirl so dont think the previous comment was meant as a slurr. I have read many forums and reviews about your product and as proven by my purchse the reports are very encouraging.

22.23 for my T4?? I spend that on a pair of panties

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in