Old 22-02-14, 10:20
Van Man

T4 Post Icon Any Good VW Mechanics in Bexley Kent?

Hi all

Been on here a while in stealth mode, reading all the great posts. They have really helped me diagnose a few problems, but due to lack of experience and tools my iPad can't fix everything.

Therefore I need a reasonable priced reliable mechanic in Bexley Kent area.

the following needs doing on my 2.5tdi 2002 t4.

Change main pulley - got the horrid tapped sound where I think it's split behind, might as well check belts while in here.
Got a leaky steering pump that needs a fixing or replace
Passenger front ball joint needs replacing
MOT

anyone recommend someone for me please? I would prefer a small garage who takes pride in their work if possible. Also. One that don't charge for invoice paper as well if you Catch my drift.

Thanks
Ben
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-02-14, 12:44
Van Guru

Default Re: Any Good VW Mechanics in Bexley Kent?

Hi mate, I'm in Beckenham if any good to you. Drop me a PM
Old 22-02-14, 14:46
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: Any Good VW Mechanics in Bexley Kent?

Can recommend Mick at the Old Forge Garage , 25AHigh Street, Welling, Kent ,DA16 1TR Tel020 8303 9353. Access is a bit of a nightmare since it is down a very narrow lane alongside Martin Vitera Cleaning Supplies shop. He usually has several vehicles being worked on all one behind the other which must involve lots of shuffling about. Best not to get involved and not go down the access lane at all but park instead in the public carpark behind the Nags Head Public House. It is then just a few yards from the back of the carpark direct into the garage. Leave Mick to bring the car around when he is ready for it. Likewise on collection it would probably be in the public carpark.

He was very good when my engine (same engine as yours) started making a dreadful clatter and he had to remove and strip down the head to discover the cause (a broken valve spring!!!) then of course rebuild / reassembly with new belts /retiming etc etc. Was even quite happy with me calling in each day see what he had found and check progress. He has since done various other jobs for me which I could not manage myself.

Do pay him a visit and get a quote for the work you want done and do not be put off by the look of the place which as its name implies was originally used for shoeing horses.

Alleygater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-02-14, 15:15
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: Any Good VW Mechanics in Bexley Kent?

Can recommend Mick at the Old Forge Garage , 25AHigh Street, Welling, Kent ,DA16 1TR Tel020 8303 9353. Access is a bit of a nightmare since it is down a very narrow lane alongside Martin Vitera Cleaning Supplies shop. He usually has several vehicles being worked on all one behind the other which must involve lots of shuffling about. Best not to get involved and not go down the access lane at all but park instead in the public carpark behind the Nags Head Public House. It is then just a few yards from the back of the carpark direct into the garage. Leave Mick to bring the car around when he is ready for it. Likewise on collection it would probably be in the public carpark.

He was very good when my engine (same engine as yours) started making a dreadful clatter and he had to remove and strip down the head to discover the cause (a broken valve spring!!!) then of course rebuild / reassembly with new belts /retiming etc etc. Was even quite happy with me calling in each day see what he had found and check progress. He has since done various other jobs for me which I could not manage myself.

Do pay him a visit and get a quote for the work you want done and do not be put off by the look of the place which as its name implies was originally used for shoeing horses.

Alleygater
Old 24-02-14, 20:06
Van Man

Default Re: Any Good VW Mechanics in Bexley Kent?

Thanks for the comments. Decided to buy the relevant tools and give it ago.... Where is the fun not doing it yourself....

Maybe back on here at weekend asking for advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in