Closed Thread

Old 11-01-11, 09:26
Van Rookie

Default Re: Please post your engine Type in querries

Hi guys ive got an 2000 plate t4 with a 19abl engine looking to get the td1 engine and gearbox conversion done.
Whats the best engine to put in,i have a130 break out of a 04 plate golf with loom and box ,want it done rather than doing it myself is there any companys that do this and what sort of cost thanks tugg
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-01-11, 13:59
Van Man

T4 Post Icon Re: Please post your engine Type in querries

hello i am about to order a timing belt kit for my 2.5tdi/88bhp its on a T plate and order a couple tools to do the job,i have a brooklands manual and a 'bit'of previous mechanically speaking,i will admit to being concerned,not so much by the work but the consequences of over looking something or simply being unaware of a serious detail/procedure.
am i as stupid as my wife suggests or is it possible for the diy-er?
i have replaced an air cooled 1600 in an old bay i owned a long time ago,clutches/steering racks and so on.
i think the code for this engine is ACU or ACV,it looks like i should replace the water pump aswell.
any advice would be very welcome
ps-the skip in skipdweller referes to caravan,having lived in a couple skips and my old Bay it was a term of endearment toward the caravans
many thanks
Old 18-01-11, 14:55
Meithered to death
Regional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdweller View Post
hello i am about to order a timing belt kit for my 2.5tdi/88bhp its on a T plate and order a couple tools to do the job,i have a brooklands manual and a 'bit'of previous mechanically speaking,i will admit to being concerned,not so much by the work but the consequences of over looking something or simply being unaware of a serious detail/procedure.
am i as stupid as my wife suggests or is it possible for the diy-er?
i have replaced an air cooled 1600 in an old bay i owned a long time ago,clutches/steering racks and so on.
i think the code for this engine is ACU or ACV,it looks like i should replace the water pump aswell.
any advice would be very welcome
ps-the skip in skipdweller referes to caravan,having lived in a couple skips and my old Bay it was a term of endearment toward the caravans
many thanks
I dont recommend replacing the timing belt yourself,unless you have vagcom or vw diagnostic equipment there is no way you can check the TDI timing correctly.
It is far from a straight forward job to even get to the point where you need the diagnostic equipment,and like no other timing belt i have replaced before.There is a comprehensive guide somewhere on this forum.
Best of luck if you attempt this on your own,you have been warned.

VWConnections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-02-11, 18:58
Van Man

Thankyou aggie for the heads up concerning diy timing belt,i'll stick to the simpler stuff,got to find a garage near me to do the job now(S/Wales)i suspected there might be something hiding in the shadows
i'm going to replace the calipers at the back,oils and filters instead
Cheers for the advice much appreciated
Old 19-02-11, 10:31
Van Pro

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help as I cant seem to start a new thread.
Ive recently had the injector pump belt, cam belt kit, and waterpump replaced on my 2.5 TDi (102 bhp) ACV T4. As soon as it was done I had difficulty starting it, when previously it started perfect 1st crack of the key, even when stood in freezing conditions.
I asked them to recheck the timing but dont think they had the correct VAGCOM software, if anyone is in the Dudley area or within aproximately 20 mile radius and wouldnt mind taking a look, please let me know.
Thanks Dave.
Old 09-03-11, 21:41
Van Rookie

T4 Post Icon 5 cylinder 2.4 aab engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie View Post
This is just a suggestion to members of the forum who thread and post in the engine section.
Can we all please when asking for advice about thier engine or related problems state what engine they have as far too many times i will read a thread and not have a clue what engine they have and find it difficult to advise because the advise is different for all the different engines found in the T4!

Can we have a sticky on this thread please jimbo?
just had a bloke fit cam belt & pump belt , since then harder to start now billowing white smoke out back ?
Old 23-04-11, 15:30
Van Rookie

i, I'm new to this and VW!
I have bought a T4 Caravelle camper which is giving me trouble starting I think its te glow plug (s). I was told its a 1.9 engine but looking under the bonnet its a 5 clyinder engine. Am I right in saying that a 1.9 would be a 4 cylinder model? also can you tell me where to look for the low plugs as I cant see them.

Sorry if tis is not the right place to post this.

Regards
Tony
Old 18-05-11, 19:02
Van Master Jedi

ex aa t4 2.5 tdi 2003 model
has anyone done the o ring on the oil filter housing to the block as mine is leaking just curious
Old 21-05-11, 21:46
Van Rookie

Default T4 1995 Engine Difficulties

My First post! Hi Everyone

I just bought a T4 1995 1900 4 clynder diesel. Engine Code AFE. The guy that sold it to me said he just replaced the engine. Well its throwing it aux belt.

The crank shaft pulley runs the altenator and water pump, there is a seperate pulley for the power steering.

As I run the engine, the drive belt is creeping off the crank shaft pulley. It doesnt sit very well on the water pump.

I have put a brand new aletnator on it as the old altenator pulley shaft was bent and this was making the altenator pulley cavitate.

Can anyone explain why this may be happening?

Many Thanks for your valued advice.
Old 12-06-11, 20:28
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: Please post your engine Type in querries

i have a 2.5 tdi t4 ajt. im currently rebuilding the engine but need some parts [pistons,rings,shells] also it has got stanadyne incectors, i was wondering if you can use bosch injectors instead. also if anybody has any infomation on rebuilding these and or tips on mods i would be extremely gratefull
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in