Old 03-03-18, 09:18
Van Rookie
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Seats stolen by courier firm

Hello, sorry for such a long post as a newbie first post but thought it was important I warned others. The chap doing the work on my newly bought old panel van sourced some seats for me with swivel bases attached, seats weren't anything special but would do the job and I happily bought them They were 3 hours away so decided to courier them through a parcel company who act as a middle man for the big couriers. All went well and they were collected, tracked to depo and on way to their destination when it went quiet and they didn't arrive. I messaged the company (no phone lines ) and after much thumping on keyboard as messages got more and more frustrating over several days I was told they were 'damaged'. I told them to carry on and deliver to destination. A week passed, still no seats. Then 'Returned to depo' came up on tracking Messaged them again and after hours with no-one knowing where they were and blame being passed back and forth I was told they couldn't find them! Weeks went by with many frustrating useless messages getting nowhere and eventually I had a phone call from a manager to say they were definitely lost and I could put in a claim (thank goodness I had taken their insurance out). Yes you guessed it, many weeks passed with no word on the claim until I gave them one final message which said.... 'if you don't deal with this claim in the next 24 hours I will contact the police as my seats have obviously been stolen'.... Lo and behold they settled my claim the next day for how much I paid for seats and cost of postage! You're guess is as good as mine as to what happened to them. What upset me the most was that I am on a really tight budget, this has been my lifelong dream (somesay mid life crisis!) for myself and my teenage daughter and I had saved for years to buy this van and sold personal items to fund the conversion, so it hurt all the more. What a complete nightmare! Anyway I started again and it now has old Saab seats on T4 swivels Oh and both the seats and swivel bases I drove and collected Lesson learnt, just thought I'd post this for others to be aware
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-18, 09:26
Van Guru

Default Re: Seats stolen by courier firm

Welcome to the forum buddy, sorry to hear about your plight.
Old 03-03-18, 09:26
Serial Poster

Name and shame the courier company bud
Hope you have better luck with the rest of your conversions and hope we all enjoy some sunny summer camping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-18, 09:35
Van Rookie

Well I wasn't sure if I was allowed to name names but if you insist! I used xxxxxxx as the middle company and they used Hermes. Both kept bouncing the blame back and forth, useless!

Last edited by festa; 03-03-18 at 17:19. Reason: no name and shame outside trade experiance
Old 03-03-18, 09:50
Lord of the T4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9.crazy View Post
Well I wasn't sure if I was allowed to name names but if you insist! I used Parcels 2 Go as the middle company and they used Hermes. Both kept bouncing the blame back and forth, useless!
Hermes are a bunch of **nts,, they delivered something to me once tracked as well,no parcel anywhere,they said the driver left it in the porch but I don't have one,then they said it was put over the garden gate,don't have a gate either,
Old 03-03-18, 10:16
Senior Moderator
Regional CoordinatorOfficial MemberVW TransporterModerator

Yodel by any chance.

Kent regional Meet... Dockside Outlet Wed 29th May from 7:30.
Old 03-03-18, 10:21
Van Guru

Hermes...nuff said.....
Old 03-03-18, 10:53
Serial Poster

That first post hurt my eyes, learn some punctuation and grammatical structure ffs!

All such firms are dodgy, always insure full value and be prepared for a long process or argument and they make it virtually impossible to communicate.

Then they use monkeys working for peanuts that arent checked or vetted who then make it impossi good owner drivers to survive, theyre using cars or unsuitable vehicles and lying to their insurers.

We have a local hermes outfit in the same industrial yard as us. No signs though youd never know its there. One guy has a tyre pump running the whole time, and has done for weeks, another has a beat up old golf with no exhaust as it fell off weeks ago, and a broken quarter light, as in no glass. Some of the vehicles arenrt roadworthy at all.

They tear through like idiots in a 10mph restriction, and every day they get in the way of other businesses access. I wound one guy loading in front of our warehouse door when i had an urgent job on, and got attitude but trust me that stopped fast and he did move!

They all have stuff on the ground even in this weather and load to the roof in unsuitable cars, including the front passenger seat!

But, you lot cant complain either, you would moan if you had to pay real owner drivers costs, but your need for cheap postage put most of the good drivers out of work long ago, and greedy courier firms were empowered by you, so it suits them to make good profits, employ monkeys for peanuts and then blame the drivers for their deliberate business practices.

You want it to change? Pay more for real courier drivers, not "lifestyle courier" monkeys.
Old 03-03-18, 11:07
Van Master Jedi

classic mindriot post,keep it up mate,your forthright approach to life is refreshing.

(punctuation double checked)
Old 03-03-18, 11:34
Lord of the T4s
I Support MacmillanOfficial MemberVW Transporter

Iíve never had any issues with parcels 2 go or Hermes. I have with Yodel. Once saw a driver kicking a parcel down the street then tried to deliver to my mum. It was a bouquet of flowers from a friend! Told the driver that I would be reporting him, he couldnít care less and neither could Yodel. As for comments about owner drivers, we donít set their terms and conditions, I assume that is between company and driver. Paying more wonít change that, itíll just make the courier more. Iíll guarantee it wonít be passed on to the drivers. Thatís how things are these days.

History - T4 Vans:2.4 /1.9 /2.5 / 2.5 LN Caravelle
T4 Campers:1.9 Tdi / 2 .5 / 2013 T5 140 Camper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in