VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Crafter questions

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  airhoguk 
#1 ·
Potentially looking at a MWB crafter less than 30,000 miles for £14,000 64 plate. Bodywork is good/excellent and has air con, cruise. Does this price seem about right?
I'm looking at two fixed side sofa's, kitchen pod, high lockers and wondered whether anyone would think a toilet/shower might be possible as well.
Many thanks

#2 ·
Dont buy a low powered one, my work one is the longest highest version and has the 114PS engine, its a gutless miserable performing version of the 2.0 engine, cant even be left in cruise on anything but a flat road without gearchanging and throttle intervention, and thats even when its empty.

Also, dont waste money on the factory nav system, its utter rubbish.

If it had a better tune engine and a proper stereo it wouldnt be such a bad place the driving position is decent and comfortable.

I do find the ride very wallowy and soft, it rocks and rolls a lot more than any other big van Ive driven, if it was mine I'd be improving the suspension significantly, especially building a fat camper.

#6 ·
i've seen greg's video's and its part of the reason i'm considering it. The van he used is a lwb i think but plenty will still apply from his designs. Having the side sofas and making them into the bed should save the space that greg used separately for the bed and a sofa at the other end

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.