Old 24-09-11, 08:11  
Pull Tested Seat / Bed
ed-j ed-j is offline 24-09-11, 08:11

About 18 months ago we got involved in the design of a new seat for the T5. The idea was that this would be an alternative to the main 3 tested products that were currently available, but hopefully at a better price.

The seat is very well made and powder coated, with many of the parts precision water jet cut to allow an exact fit. The mechanism is unique, in that the seat comprises a 3 part cushion set. The backrest pivots backwards whilst the base slides foward to provide a gap for the backrest to fold into.

The benefits are that as a seat, you can lounge when not travelling, with a slightly reclined backrest. Also, you can slide the base out to provide feet up lounging. With the bed fully made up, you can raise the top 1/3 of the bed to get a comfortable position, or even just leave it totally flat for sleeping. Best of all, you are sitting and sleeping on the same 4 inch high performance foam which has to be one of the most comfortable camper beds available.

We are able to offer the frame plus 2 belts supply only for 1200 (we will supply paper templates free if you want to make your own boards).
Frame, boards, upholstered, belts 1600 supply only.
Fitting 200.
All prices include VAT

The upholstered option includes fully upholstered (with stapled base cloth and inset backing to rear section) 4 inch reflex style foam, and inca fabric (stiched in panels to give a factory look).

Just as a note, you need approx 48 inches of space between the top of the wheelarch and the wardrobe (ie across the back of the seat), and approx 47 inches across the front of the seat from the sliding door pillar to where your cupboards are likely to be.
This unit fits our conversion which is designed to take a 112cm RIB bed also, but we cannot guarantee it will fit all premade conversions. Obviously if you are building from scratch, then you can easily accommodate this frame.

We do have a fully upholstered demo frame available at our workshops and you are more than willing to come and have a proper look at it to see if its right for your camper.

Thanks
Ed (Celtic Motorhomes - 07771 650600)

Last edited by ed-j; 11-07-12 at 23:30.. Reason: price updated
ed-j
Serial Poster
Official MemberVW Transporter
Views: 17124
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-12, 01:57
Van Man

Default Re: Pull Tested Seat / Bed

Hi Ed...

Happy New Year to you and the Guys up there!!! hope you had a good one!!!

Keep up the good work...

From all at Vdub Passion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-01-12, 18:24
Lord of the T4s
I Support CLIC Sargent

Is this available in a full width bed?
Old 16-01-12, 18:43
Van Pro

Nice looking bed that Ed, Whats the total length when down .... will 6ft plus people sleep on it????
Cheers Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-01-12, 22:05
Serial Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dun View Post
Is this available in a full width bed?
Sorry, but the design does not lend itself to a full width bed, so it will only be available as a 3/4 width. This is due to the hinge mechanism and gas strut. Changing these would mean a completely new design and a new pull test.

We have just fitted a full width RIB which I think is the best option if you want full width.
Old 16-01-12, 22:09
Serial Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliesangels View Post
Nice looking bed that Ed, Whats the total length when down .... will 6ft plus people sleep on it????
Cheers Karen
The total length when down is around 6'2". This is easily extended by a couple of inches if required.
If your local and want to have a proper look at one, then we have one in a van and a demo seat set up in the workshop so it can be tried out for comfort and size.
Old 24-01-12, 19:27
Lord of the T4s

That looks the business. Loving the fold down mechanism and the option "to lounge". I'm still unsure whether to go down the route 2 RIB single beds and the kitchen area in the rear ( Like the bilbo conversions), or a 3/4 bed with a conventional layout. Do you supply the single RIB bed/seats and what would be the price comparision compared to your 3/4 bed?

Cheers
Ian.
Old 24-01-12, 22:04
Serial Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian6xtreme View Post
That looks the business. Loving the fold down mechanism and the option "to lounge". I'm still unsure whether to go down the route 2 RIB single beds and the kitchen area in the rear ( Like the bilbo conversions), or a 3/4 bed with a conventional layout. Do you supply the single RIB bed/seats and what would be the price comparision compared to your 3/4 bed?

Cheers
Ian.
We could supply the single RIB seats, but to be perfectly honest, we have never used them and would not know what specification to order them in as all RIB seats are ordered in height / width/ LH / RH plus a load of other options, or what fixing brackets to use with them.
You may be best to contact a conversion company who actually uses the single rib seats.
Old 25-01-12, 20:16
Lord of the T4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed-j View Post
We could supply the single RIB seats, but to be perfectly honest, we have never used them and would not know what specification to order them in as all RIB seats are ordered in height / width/ LH / RH plus a load of other options, or what fixing brackets to use with them.
You may be best to contact a conversion company who actually uses the single rib seats.
Thanks for the reply Ed.
Ive tried to do some research on the rib singles and I keep coming up with a general lack of info online. The rib website is shocking tbh. I think it would be hard work to get them supplied without having to pay for a full conversion and/ or lots of problems.

I would be interested to see your bed in the flesh. ( a video of its operation would be good on your site, or on here??) Its a lot of dosh for a self converter like me and some other members who are on a budget. I personally want to convert my van once and not wish I'd got another product instead and end up ripping stuff out and starting a fresh.

Very very interested.

Ian.
Old 26-01-12, 14:49
Van Man

I like the look of your bed. I think we'd supply our own material to be upholstered, but it sounds like you can deal with that. A couple of questions which I thought I'd ask here as other members might be interested:

Would the seat covers be removable for washing, I guess probably not?
Is there any flexibility on whereabouts the seat is located, ie front-back position?
Is there any chance of either fitting on rails to allow forward/backward movement?
Any chance of quick release style fixing to allow it to easily be removed?

Many thanks
Ben
Old 26-01-12, 18:36
Van Guru

T5 Post Icon Re: Pull Tested Seat / Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishben View Post
I like the look of your bed. I think we'd supply our own material to be upholstered, but it sounds like you can deal with that. A couple of questions which I thought I'd ask here as other members might be interested:

Would the seat covers be removable for washing, I guess probably not?
Is there any flexibility on whereabouts the seat is located, ie front-back position?
Is there any chance of either fitting on rails to allow forward/backward movement?
Any chance of quick release style fixing to allow it to easily be removed?

Many thanks
Ben
Good questions bud, im particularly interested in wether the bed can be fixed in alternate positions and if it can be quick release.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in