Old 12-08-09, 20:27   #1
HOW TO - Fit TDI Cruise Control from a 2.5 tdi into a 1.9 1z/AHU conversion.
rixy rixy is offline 12-08-09, 20:27

Firstly - Purchase a cruise control setup from Simon Baxter - @ Brickwerks

then on the van......

Crusie control plug colours from the golf / passat loom are

pin1 - black
pin2 - blue / grey
pin3 - red
pin4 - black / white

then you need to connect the wires up as follows to the transporter cruise control.

Black / Blue wire fron cruise to Black wire of vehicle loom
Blue White wire from cruise to Blue Grey wire of vehicle loom
Red / Yellow wire of cruise to Red wire of cehicle loom
Black Yellow wire of cruise to Black / White of vehicle loom.

This is what i have done......

Cut the plug from the end of vehicle loom, and the end of cruise control extension loom (which comes with it) and solder them together in the above order.

That way, you can still unplug the cruise stalks at the top near steering wheel if needed,but the rest becomes one long loom.

then you need to follow the instructions provided with the cruise kit to activate cruise control.

You can then go into measuring blocks, and scroll through until cruise control is listed, then u can operate each switch and function of cruise control, to check they work as they should. Also test your brake and clutch switches, as these need to work properly for cruise to function.

All should be good.

the bonus of using a t4 cruise stalks setup, is that you dont have to cut a secondary hazard switch into the steering cowl, meaning your van will have 2, one in the dash, and one on the stalks.

The t4 stalks come without the swtich, so once fitted, all looks factory :-)

happy days!!!

Last edited by JIMMYJAMES; 03-11-10 at 11:17.. Reason: HOW TO added to title
rixy
Van Jedi
Views: 12826
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Fitting a t4 TDI Cruise Control Setup from a 2.5 tdi into a 1.9 1z conversion
08-02-10, 09:58 #2
Foxyjay
Van Jedi

Wicked - i'm gonna have to do this once the 1Z has been wrenched outta my donor and into the T4.

Thanks for sharin.

Re: Fitting a t4 TDI Cruise Control Setup from a 2.5 tdi into a 1.9 1z conversion
09-07-10, 17:18 #3
Foxyjay
Van Jedi

Quick question........the single black wire with the green single connector plug on it, which is part of the Golf loom........
Does it plug into the fuse box in the green "bay" ?

MTIA

Re: HOW TO - Fit TDI Cruise Control from a 2.5 tdi into a 1.9 1z/AHU conversion.
13-08-11, 16:52 #4
nickmarks73
Van Man

just done mine today i have a 1994 t4 with the 1.91z conversion i used the golf cruise control stick.
i was faced with a problem as i have my hazzard light on my indicator stalk, so all i did was swapped out the gutts of the golf stalk and put them in my transporter stalk so it all looks factory apart from the stalk.
if any one else is in the same position a can talk you through it.

Re: HOW TO - Fit TDI Cruise Control from a 2.5 tdi into a 1.9 1z/AHU conversion.
04-05-12, 10:50 #5
The Pobs
Van Rookie

Hi all,

I have recently completed my 1.9TDI AHU conversion and fitted cruise control.
Does anyone know why my cruise wont work?
I have checked all the wiring from stalk back to the ECU which is as described on the forum.
I have VAGCOM and again followed the set-up guide on here to activate it.
The brake, clutch etc all change as they should but when i switch the cruise on (cruise control system 2) is meant to change to 000011 where as mine only changes to 000001.
I think this may be where the problem lies but have no idea how to rectify it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, John.

08-07-12, 15:40 #6
cain74
Van Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pobs View Post
Hi all,

I have checked all the wiring from stalk back to the ECU which is as described on the forum.
The brake, clutch etc all change as they should but when i switch the cruise on (cruise control system 2) is meant to change to 000011 where as mine only changes to 000001.

Cheers, John.
Hi, how did you fix this as I have the exact same problem?

05-09-12, 19:48 #7
B6POB
Van Rookie

Cain74, as yet i have not managed to find the problem, let me know if you do..

08-03-13, 20:57 #8
B6POB
Van Rookie

Hi Cain74, just wondering if you ever found out why your cruise control didnt work?

11-03-13, 12:24 #9
B6POB
Van Rookie

Hello guys,
The forum has been fantastic for information helping me convert my T4 to tdi ahu but I am left with one problem I cannot solve, can anyone help?
The van runs perfect since the conversion 12 months ago but I have one last problem that niggles me, I fitted cruise control and used penbryn plus other guides to modify the wiring then used vagcom to make sure it was enabled etc. When I took the van out it worked for a short while and then stopped and never worked since. When I plug vagcom in I have the error code vss control difference which I assume is stopping cruise from working. I bought a brand new sensor from vw which made no difference. If i disconnect the sensor the brown is ground, black measures 11.4vdc with ignition on and im not sure what is meant to be on blue/white if anything. I have belled the blue/white from the gearbox sensor and found it goes to fusebox connector G1 pin 11, is this correct or require moving to another location. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it wont work? Or other things to check.
Any help would be appreciated as im now stuck and face some long drives down country this year where cruise would be great.
Regards,
John.

30-05-13, 18:20 #10
dennis
Van Pro
Official MemberVW Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pobs View Post
Hi all,

Cheers, John.
EUREKA I have found the problem. I had the same symptoms as above, I gave it another good looking at this morning and in amongst the birds nest I found a blue and white wire with a blue plug, I plugged it into the blue socket on the back of the fuse box and bugger me backwards it works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in