Old 10-04-10, 16:16  
All your electrical requirements
upspex upspex is offline 10-04-10, 16:16

EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR FITTING ALL KINDS OF ELECTRICS IN YOUR VAN

FOR ALL YOUR REQUIREMENTS PLEASE VISIT

www.travelvolts.com

More Good Feedback for Upspex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it says, like to add my recommendations for Upspex, Blackie and Callum worked tirelessly but always taking the time to do it right with the work on my van. Knowledgeable, friendly and willing to offer suggestions and guidance, it was almost like having mates help you on your van until the end when I had to pay up of course
Highly recommended.

Yet another satisfied customer!!

Just a quick note to say thanks and commend the work that Blackie and Callum did on my T4 last week, CAT 1 Alarm, Central Locking and Electric Windows. Fantastic install, very professional with a wealth of knowledge to back it up, on top of that they came down to Sussex to install it... cracking!

The start of the long road to upgrading the van... need some wheels next....

I asked Martyn to quote and do a Toad flip alarm, wire in my fog lights and provide an extra 12v power supply to the rear load area.

He arrived bang on time, knew his way round the bus like no other, and fitted them all very quickly, neatly and just as I had imagined and expected.

He is a very nice genuine guy who gives a great service, well recommended, I would certainly use him again, I just need to think of more electrical projects!!

Martyn, thanks again and I hope to bump into you soon, beers on me!

Alistair

Highly Recommended!

I have been searching for months around the north west to get my leisure battery fitted, interior leds connected to come on with the doors opening and on an independent switch, 240v set up 3 pin sockets and 12v sockets. Well all sorted yesterday by Upspex i had most of the parts got to say how chuffed i am with the work all very professional done, well fitted and i have to say a great price Upspex a real gent and patient with constant flow of questions from me. If you want leisure battery setups alarm etc go with Upspex he knows his business you wont find better anywhere.

Many thanks mate hopefuly see you soon (will post pics soon)

Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1
Hi mate - sorry to pester you with this....I'm running a 110ah lead acid leisure battery on a Rawcomponents split charge system. I have hooked up a 800w and 400w amp off of it. All was fine until amps started to die off after a few weeks. On starting van next day there was initial sound which died off again in a few seconds. Took battery out and charged on a mains charger and all is good again for now. Checked inline fuses and all seems fine, just wondered if its the fact I dont do many long trips so the battery isnt getting time to charge back up enough. If not could you point me in the right direction (I have access to a multimeter).

cheers, Jim

Originally Posted by upspex
Hi Jim, check the voltage at the leisure battery with engine running. It should be at least 13.5 volts. If you get less than this there is a problem with the split charging. Did you have a VSR or did you connect to the D+ wire? I have found it fairly common for the D+ output to be too weak to energise the 100 amp relay. If you find that your relay isn't energising remove signal wire from D+ connection and connect to one of the black/yellow wires on the top of the fuse box.
Just trying to cover all bases for you as I am off for a few days and wont be available.
Hope this helps, Martyn.

Martyn - you were right on the money. The D+ wire we used was only kicking out 6v, so took your advice and seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for the tip - top bloke!!

cheers, Jim

Yet another satisfied customer !!

I needed to post this as I cannot recommend Travel Volts highly enough, following the work Martin did on my T5 this week.
A very professional service and a guy willing to share the wealth of knowledge he has with anyone showing an interest.
All the kit supplied was spot on, as was delivery.

If you are currently researching van electrics or looking for any conversions kit, then check out the web site or talk to these guys at Travel Volts.

I’m new to the T5 world , but have been around the aircooled scene for long enough to know these guys are spot on, couldn’t be more approachable or helpful.

Last edited by upspex; 10-01-17 at 09:08.. Reason: obsolete products
upspex
Vans aren't what count here...
Views: 154432
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-04-12, 10:35
Lord of the T4s

Default Re: All your electrical requirements

Martyn,

keep me informed if you plan any northern trips in the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-04-12, 10:45

Trying to organise something but everybody is so spread out. Need to fill in the blanks.
Old 29-04-12, 10:49
Lord of the T4s
I Support CLIC Sargent

Morning Martyn
Have you got a Surrey trip planned too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-04-12, 16:14
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: All your electrical requirements

Martin

Sent you an email, just to confirm Ive got a 98 2.5 tdi t4.

Cheers Si
Old 07-05-12, 00:10
Van Rookie

Question Re: All your electrical requirements

Hello Martyn

Sorry if I am not posting in the right place, I've just joined up. Purchased T5 a few weeks ago and just reading the posts has been a massive help.

Looking to have full conversion and I really need some guidance with the electrics. I would like the mains hook up under the bonnet and wired in so the leisure battery can be charged whilst driving. I am aiming to install a waeco fridge, smev unit , couple of three pin plug sockets, LEd lights etc

I like the look of the upspex splitcharger/distribution unit. I presume this is a similar unit to the PMS 3 am I correct? What are the benefits of the Upspex unit? apart from the sleek look?

Any chance you could help a guy out and provide a list of what I need and an idea of costs? I am in hampshire, so could come up to Tewkesbury for installation, if it looks overly complicated. i am keen to get some cables laid down before then lining goes in.

Thanks

john d
Old 07-05-12, 06:49

I have sent you a private message John.
Old 07-05-12, 16:43
Serial Poster
Official MemberVW Transporter

Battery Tender etc

hi Martyn, I continue to have infrequent occurances of insufficent power to start the Caravelle, with a 6 month old battery and ensuring all accessories switched off

a couple of hours on the charger sorts it out, where the T4 is only used at weekends at most

a battery tender solution would seem to be the answer, but most come no where near the 90AH rating of the battery

so I'm thinking of some quick connect plugs to adapt my usual charger, with a lead to the battery and a plug under the dash, and using the battery charger the night before I need the van if it won't then start

the quick connect might avoid having to open the bonnet and remove the battery cover in the rain ! etc

do you have any suggestions/solutions for this problem? I don't need a leisure battery kit etc as the 'velle is just a car/day van
Old 08-05-12, 05:54

Hi Chris, the answer in your case might be a small dash top solar panel from Maplin.
Old 08-05-12, 06:28
Serial Poster
Official MemberVW Transporter

ok, ta - what wattage rating should I look for?
Old 08-05-12, 06:38

Biggest you can justify paying for!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in