Old 06-05-10, 21:14
Van Master Jedi

Default surf board swap anyone? longboard wanted!

looking for a longboard, as my 7,6 bic sinks as soon as i stand up......

had some lessons in newquay last weekend and manage to stand loads on a 9ft longboard...

due to a huge lack of funds would like to swap.....

so if your looking to go smaller and have a longboard (in a reasonable condition as long as it floats) give me a shout...... got to be worth a try....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-10, 07:08
Van Master Jedi

Default Re: surf board swap anyone? longboard wanted!

if your that small, i dont see why you would sink! lol

good luck with the swap
Old 07-05-10, 07:19
Van Master Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmos View Post
if your that small, i dont see why you would sink! lol

good luck with the swap
i know, iknow......had all this on the original pub thread.....

and yes i am old enough to go on the internet and my mum does know im using it!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-10, 07:57
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

Guessing at Newquay you were on a 9ft foam board? If so you could try and find an ex-hire one, they can be a bit rough but depending on your size I would expect you would outgrow it soon enough, or you could rent for a few sessions. After that you will probably find your current board will be okay rather than having to fork out for a longboard.

Cheers,
Old 08-05-10, 13:59
Van Master Jedi

my son ( THE ONE IN THE PIC) just pointed out that i used a 8 ft foam board at the weekend and not a 9ft

couple guys saying i should just stick it out with the bic
Old 12-05-10, 14:57
Van Expert

Bics are very boyant, fins are very flexible so make turning harder.

really depends on your size and weight.

longboards are good fun, but with a lot of practice you will be able to stand up on anything.

stick with the bic for now, and i cant stress enough practice your stand up technique as much as possible, if you cant get out in the water practice at home on a towel. sounds silly but if you gewt get your foot placement correct and increase your speed at standing up then once in the water your balance will come very quickly.

if you do manage to get into the water often then stay in the white foam in the beginning. again you want to pratice standing every oportunity you can. once you find you are able to get up quick and stay standing then head out back and start on those smooth waves. this method may sound like it will take a while but seriously you will progress much quicker in the long run.

surf schools use foamies so they can say we will have you stading by the end of the lesson. to stand on a foam board is easy also they are hard to ding. stay away from foam boards if you want to progress. I suggest stay with the bic for a while longer, in the mean time start saving for a new board, can pick up 2nd hand longboards for around 200 for a decent one. also bics are tough and as a learner you will bash it around a fair bit. also while learning on the bic you will start to workout whcih direction you want, classic longboarding or shorter progressive riding. me personally classic longboarding all the way.

good luck and keep practising the more practise you get the better and quicker you will pick it up.
Old 12-05-10, 17:24
Van Pro

Thumbs up Re: surf board swap anyone? longboard wanted!

If you do want to sell at any piont let me know as my mate is looking for one like yours.
ta
Old 12-05-10, 19:44
Van Master Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartie View Post
Bics are very boyant, fins are very flexible so make turning harder.

really depends on your size and weight.

longboards are good fun, but with a lot of practice you will be able to stand up on anything.

stick with the bic for now, and i cant stress enough practice your stand up technique as much as possible, if you cant get out in the water practice at home on a towel. sounds silly but if you gewt get your foot placement correct and increase your speed at standing up then once in the water your balance will come very quickly.

if you do manage to get into the water often then stay in the white foam in the beginning. again you want to pratice standing every oportunity you can. once you find you are able to get up quick and stay standing then head out back and start on those smooth waves. this method may sound like it will take a while but seriously you will progress much quicker in the long run.

surf schools use foamies so they can say we will have you stading by the end of the lesson. to stand on a foam board is easy also they are hard to ding. stay away from foam boards if you want to progress. I suggest stay with the bic for a while longer, in the mean time start saving for a new board, can pick up 2nd hand longboards for around 200 for a decent one. also bics are tough and as a learner you will bash it around a fair bit. also while learning on the bic you will start to workout whcih direction you want, classic longboarding or shorter progressive riding. me personally classic longboarding all the way.

good luck and keep practising the more practise you get the better and quicker you will pick it up.
cheers for that fella......i think the bics the way forward for a while.

im not as young or as light as i think i am and im thinking im gonna be looking at a long board in the future, just want to chill and enjoy.

good advise on the standing practice....wife might take the mick with me jumping around on a towel but.....

Tags
longboard, surfboard, swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in