VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hendrix's exterior is tired, jaded and shabby (much like his driver! I:) so I've convinced my bank manager - aka Mrs Hendrix that if I'm going to keep the van and not let it rust to pieces I need to splash out a few quid.

Never being one to miss a scam or opportunity I've come up with a list of jobs I need to do and I plan to do them all within the £1K budget that HQ has allowed me ;)

I'll post up pics of Hendrix's problems tomorrow and you'll see what needs doing and maybe I'll do a blow by blow breakdown of the cost! I:

Having said that my sunroof for a fiver still needs fixing - but I love a bargain and my splitter for no money still makes me smile.

So - for the credit crunched among you..... for £19.23 wife dollars - thanks Mozza :D- a week for a year I plan to give Hendrix a makeover........................from this..........

To the following :D

De-greenification done
Matching immaculate paintwork all over -
including welding of some holes some winkle made in the rear quarter panel.done
Gloss black / matt black / anthracite wheels - haven't decided yet but I'm considering yellow Rasp: Really want yellow!
I'm still a bit uncomfortable with black wheels and black bumpers.................don't want to colourcode bumpers though. No Colour Code - see above!!
Proper blacked out B pillars
Custom bra Might go braless

Side bars
Sliding sld window
Eyebrows
Bumpers as new - in black
non leaking sun roof

The plan is - I can't afford new wheels and a respray - so how much exterior tarting can I get for a grand?

:dunno:

If you've got some ££££££saving credit crunching advice - I'm listening :cheers

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Matt Black wheels, colour coded bumpers slam it 85mm all round A: debadged grill eye brows and some AUDI style headlights Phowarrrr a little bit of :* wee has come out................

(yes i know get back to work;))

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Colour Code - No No ........NO

Want the black and yellow thing - every ex AA does the cc bumper s:*t

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
well he's only got £915 left nowLOL:

i agree don't colour code keep it balck bumpers and mirrors, keep the wheels silver, and if you've got bodywork to get sorted i would get the green bit sprayed yellow, if you don't need bodywork doing, i would get some decals or graphics to go along there

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

dont paint yer van for £1k imagine what BHP you could have.... sorry £915;)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Im seeing Banjos and dungerees..........

squeel piggies.........................

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
BOYS BOYS BOYS. colour coding is sooooooooo last year.LOL: keep it black jim with black rims and a yellow pinstripe around the rim. T:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi chaps, I don't know if my ideas will be abit to radical but here goes.
Paint it white, add a thick waist stripe,with auto homes or similar sticker.
get some nice plastic wheel trims from halfords,(don't forget to cable tie them on).
And just to add a touch of fun , put a sticker on the back saying ,,,,,If you can read this I have lost my caravan!! as I said radical but this is what being a rebel is all about!!!I:

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Hi chaps, I don't know if my ideas will be abit to radical but here goes.
Paint it white, add a thick waist stripe,with auto homes or similar sticker.
get some nice plastic wheel trims from halfords,(don't forget to cable tie them on).
And just to add a touch of fun , put a sticker on the back saying ,,,,,If you can read this I have lost my caravan!! as I said radical but this is what being a rebel is all about!!!I:
not sure radical is a word i would useLOL:, abuse maybe. Rasp:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think someone on here was able to T-cut through the green paint to reveal all yellow underneath?

Gotta be a cheaper alternative to fresh paint?
Tried every chemical in the lab - even Mr Muscle oven cleaner - the green is, dare I say, a proper job Rasp:- not just a cheap overspray :(

All I got for me troubles was this miss and a biceps like Popeye! H:

I've come to the conclusion that spraying over it is the only way.
I'm gonna get it done up to the crease, both sides and the rear panel welded and painted that some monkey drilled through for £360

Booked in for Aug 12th

£640 left! :D

1 - 20 of 124 Posts