1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello forum users,

We have a roof rack that's going for sale:

£50 OVNO for the whole set
Cash payment upon collection from Eastbourne preferred, please.
Alternatively, we are happy to deliver or meet anywhere within East Sussex.

The roof rack foot is designed to fit a vehicle with roof rails. But please make sure the roof rack is suitable for your vehicle by checking compatibility on Thule website: Thule Recommended Products for Your Vehicle

The condition is excellent, only superficial marks. There is no rust or defect on the locking mechanism or the foot. We used the bars occasionally on our Audi A4 estate to carry longboards in bags. The roof bar was only attached to the car as and when needed, and it was stored inside our home when not in use. We have not had the need for last two years and we do not foresee any occasion to use it any more.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or leave a comment below.

Thank you and happy motoring!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello ant_43,

It'll fit A4 with roof rail, but not with the new sleek rails. I just sold my A4 Avant ('99 B5 platform) so if it has the conventional roof rail then it'll definitely fit.

We are on the coast near to Brighton, so if you are coming from Colchester then that's further away from Crawley for you.

Having said that we are going up to Coventry on Saturday so if the timing is right, we might be able to meet somewhere on A23 / M23 (Pease Pottage service station?).

If you feel it might work, please send me a PM and I'll send you my mobile number to chat.

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure what rails are on it, buts it's a 2003 se model. I'll be in Crawley around 10:30am I think, not sure how that works for you. How do I check on type of rails? Any defining things?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's 2003 then it'll definitely fit., that will be a B6 platform. Audi started making new sleek rails from 2008 onwards. and you'd need a different foot to attach the bars.

Unfortunately, we will be passing Crawley much earlier than when you arrive so it may not work out. So near but the timing might not be perfect. If you ever come down south of London or even better the south coast then we can meet up somewhere.

Good luck with your new A4, and what an amazing Jetta you're selling (I wanted to try VAG PD engines)! Good luck with it, too!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok no problems at all. Perhaps we could arrange another time or maybe it would be possible to post? We love the south coast too, so maybe that's another option.

Thanks and thanks, looking forward to the new a4 "dad car" and going to really miss the Jetta. It's so much fun to drive, but just need something more sensible and to take my little boy in safely.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roof bar sold to ant_43!

Thanks very much everyone for all your interest!

Moderators, thank you for posting my advert, it can be removed now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts