VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Currently got my gear box off of my t4 2.5 (ACV) at the moment as have lost a load of hydrolic flud through the bell housing. As its off i've replaced the crank seal and also the clutch and sump gasket as its was all looking a little sorry for its self.

My only issue is with the gearbox input shaft seal. On removing the slave i could see (and smell!) that the input shaft seal was weeping. so really wanna get this changed. Ive breifly tried removing the seal with a pick tool and it doesn't want to come out.... This seal has a shallow front face and then follows shaft into the gearbox..... seems to me that i might need to split the box. I Also order a new seal with the part number on the one thats currently in the box and is for sure not the same seal that is in there atm. havent worked on the boxes beofre or any for that matter and dont want to split the box if not needed.

Anyways if anyone has worked on these boxes and has done this seal before could you let me know of the process and seal part number that would be great.

That being said any help apprecitated

cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi, you should be able to read the info that is on the seal to get the right one, i would gently work the outer edge of the seal with a narrow flat screwdriver and hammer tapping the outer edge towards the shaft you will end up butchering the seal to remove, clean the recess and fit new seal, bushy

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Screw in 2 long self tapping screws at 180 degrees and improvise to make a puller. The shell under the rubber is metal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts