VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, got a specific problem with my indicators - yesterday my indicators started playing up, they would stop flashing and ticking before the steering wheel turned to cancel them and sometimes not come on at all (no light or sound). Now when I turn them on they only flash and tick once then stop completely, no light or sound. The stalk remains in the correct position until its cancelled by the wheel. Hazards work perfectly (light and sound). I replaced the original hazard switch with a Passat one about 6 months ago and I've had no issues since then until now. The stalk is a new genuine VW one with Cruise Control that I fitted a couple of months ago, again, it's been working without any issues and the Cruise Control still works fine.

Couple of questions: anyone had the same problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Surely if it were the fuse then the indicators would simply not work (no power). Maybe it's the relay, but where is it? Is it in the fuse box or integrated into the hazard switch? I can't believe that it's the stalk as is practically new. Could it be dirt on the contacts?

I'm stumped and could really use some help! Cheers!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: '03 2.5TDI Indicators Not Working, Passat Hazard Switc

It will almost certainly be your hazard switch. The flasher relay is built into it. Eventually it will stop working for the hazards as well

If you still have your old switch plugging it in will confirm.

Cheers

Gavin

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: '03 2.5TDI Indicators Not Working, Passat Hazard Switc

It will almost certainly be your hazard switch. The flasher relay is built into it. Eventually it will stop working for the hazards as well

If you still have your old switch plugging it in will confirm.

Cheers

Gavin
Good advice. I do have it and I'll try swapping them. Luckily the passat one was free from the scrappie and I still have the blank for the space should I need to change it all back. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.