VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
03 T4 888 Special White 2.5 TDI

Hi all, photos will follow shortly - waiting for it to stop raining!

I'm very reluctantly selling my beloved T4. I'm partway through turning her into a camper, but money and work abroad stopped that, and now I'm off traveling and can't have my van sitting idle for a whole year... It's time she found another owner to make the best use of her.
Now at 126,000 miles, she was purchased by me in 2010 at 112,000 miles with 1 previous owner, an alarm fitting company in Norwich. She's just sailed through her MOT.

Engine: 2.5 TDI 88bhp (No Intercooler)
This van has never done a hard days work in it's life! As an alarm fitter's van it's never taken heavy loads, and never towed.
The engine has been well looked after and, now at 126,000miles, still sounds beautiful and pulls smoothly.
Although the service history is not 'complete' (it's missing a couple of filter change stamps in the book) the timing belts and water pumps have been done at every specified interval.
The last belt/pump change was done at 118,000 upon my insistence before buying the van and i changed the oil and filters 3000 miles ago (receipts in the book)

As it's an 888 Special, it had the following (in my opinion indispensable!) options installed:
Cruise Control - my personal favourite!
Electric Windows
Electric Heated Mirrors
Remote Central Locking
Driver and Passenger Airbags
Dual captains seats - the passenger one i've fitted a with TUV approved swivel

Camper Modifications:
For work and financial reasons I never managed to finish my project of turning this great van into a camper but below is a complete list of what's been done:

Fully sound proofed and insulated

Ply Lined and Carpeted

5 x Audi 5 Spoke alloys - spare also alloy, all with fully load rated tires and all with excellent tread

Rock'n'Roll bed on quick release Unwin rail system:
I adapted and adjusted a standard bed to strengthen it to a level that i'd happily trust it with family and friends in the event of an accident. I'm obviously not going to claim any adherence to any crash test or anything like that, but i've used plenty of 20 and 25mm box section steel, all high tensile steel nuts and bolts and grade 13 ball bearing stainless steel hinges. It's really very solid.
The sliding section also clamps into the rails so there's no rattle extended or in the seat position. There are no belts fitted - I just haven't had the chance to get it done. Same goes for ply and upholstery.
You can get the bed out in about 30 seconds so you can still use the 'Van' every now and again when the need arises. You can also slide it right up behind the front seats - great for throwing dirty bikes etc in behind while carrying 3 passengers, or just so you can talk to them while driving!

Floor:
I did have wood effect vinyl but using it while i was doing it up and not protecting it properly from my bike/surfboards has left it pretty shabby. I've now pained the ply in blue marine paint so it'll last properly and wont take in water. I've also kept the old vinyl if someone wants a cutting template.

Sound System Cabling Installed:
3 x High Quality RCA cables for Front, Rear and Sub channels
Remote Power and Switching wires for Leisure Battery Hook up
Alpine iDA X305S Head unit: iPod/USB compatible with full colour display - shows album art/track info

Quality speaker cabling installed for a 6 speaker setup: 2 Front, 4 Back, 1 Sub
Alpine speakers in cab

3 led ceiling lights installed and ready to hook up to a leisure battery

Headlamp wiring loom upgrade relay installed, with Philips Xtreme bulbs - these really make a difference
Smoke coloured wind deflectors

Bodywork:
This van has the 'new' front end.
The only negative factor is a small amount of bodywork damage. There is a small amount of damage to the front driver-side wing panel and a scrape on the sliding door. The metalwork has all been protected. There is also a small dent in the top of the tailgate.
There are a few bits here and there but these have all been touched up and won't rust - for an 03 van i think she's in pretty good nick.

I'll include any and all spares and items i haven't had time to install. These include:
Quality power cables, fuses and fuse holders for 3 stereo amps
Some bits and bobs for a 240V hook up
240V switch & 3 pin socket
12V led dimmer switch
A few good sections of left over carpet

I wish I'd had more opportunity to take her on some longer trips in Europe, but needs must.

The V5 and MOT certificate are present along with the original owners book

I'm looking for £5000 for her. Thanks for looking.

I'm based in North Wales, near Llanberis and close to the A55.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
interested in this.

if you cant get pics posted can you email them or meet near chester?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll hopefully get some pics up this evening. I haven't quite finished the touch up on the front, sorry! The weather's held me back. That'll be done asap so the pic will look a bit worse than the situation really is!
I won't be able to travel with the van as i'm leaving the country on thursday! My dad will be dealing with it for me but he's got my log-in details and will check up here daily so please get in touch.
Cheers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you just provide some clarification on the engine JlH?

I'm not as "experienced" as many of the folks on here - I wasn't aware that there was a 2.4 diesel injection.

Is it not just a standard 2.5TDI?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Oh yes it did Rasp:

Look at the time it was edited, and you missed it LOL:
matey when i first posted it said it was a 2.4 tdi hence the comments in the first posts including mine
no other info was given
So again i will tell you it didnt earlier
and as it was edited after my first post i dont really get why i missed it :*

:):)

·
Registered
20 Posts
matey when i first posted it said it was a 2.4 tdi hence the comments in the first posts including mine
no other info was given
So again i will tell you it didnt earlier
and as it was edited after my first post i dont really get why i missed it :*

:):)
Sorry JlH - but in Lachlan's defence it did actiullay say "No Intercooler" in your original post (I saw it aswell)

Thanks for responding

1 - 15 of 15 Posts