VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I've got an 05 plate T5 T28. The ride is hard as hell, so bumpy feels like the doors are gonna rattle right off sometimes..... and I wanna soften it a bit..... any advice please?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hi there, I've got an 05 plate T5 T28. The ride is hard as hell, so bumpy feels like the doors are gonna rattle right off sometimes..... and I wanna soften it a bit..... any advice please?
Its not on lowering springs, or got coilies fitted has it?? What size tryes and rims are you on? If they are huge with laggy band for tyres that maybe your problem T:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there Rodge,
No, just factory 16" alloys with 185/60 "T28" rated tyres........... The factory springs are rated for the 2.8 tonne (T28) load capacity I guess (that's assuming what the T28 stands for!) but as the van is converted for minimal camping mode and never will carry such a heavy load, I'd like to soften the ride a bit.....dig?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hi there Rodge,
No, just factory 16" alloys with 185/60 "T28" rated tyres........... The factory springs are rated for the 2.8 tonne (T28) load capacity I guess (that's assuming what the T28 stands for!) but as the van is converted for minimal camping mode and never will carry such a heavy load, I'd like to soften the ride a bit.....dig?
Well its easy to get coilies for a t28, look at the CMC coilovers they have a good rep on here, and there are a good price. coilies will also give you a better ride and more positive handling so better all round really T: Thats all i can really think of, some one might know more though

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
185 tyres ????

Way to narrow in my mind. I though factory fit were 205 on steels and 215 on alloys (I have the same T28 on 215/60 and the ride is perfect).

I wonder if that could make a difference?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts