VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all seen a t5 06, Kombi, 6seaterwith just 30k on the clock. It's the T32, 102bhp with air con, elec windows. Immaculate condition

Priced at 10,950 Plus vat,

That a good price?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah service history, just not been used.

Just price ends up at 13k, but it a great base van, tailgate, windows in, would just need lining, and a bed.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I'd always be wary with a vehicle with a much lower mileage than expected, but if there's a history to substaniate it then all the better. If you ask the question if it's worth it then you will get 100 different answers; plus with VAT you are over 12K. You would get a newer model for about the same?

If it's worth it to you and you are happy to buy it then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Don't forget that once you buy it then you will join the neverending trial that we all go on to mod it up, and that ain't cheap :eek:

Good luck with whatever you decide. ;)

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
mileage is very good,just an idea is to price up all the extras you need get a final cost.there are vans already done out there for less than 13k but bit higher mileage just a thought. ive been there:ILU:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks DSM, I know seen a 10 plate with 64k on, same price.

Just appeals that its ready to drive, seat in back for my daughter, and is the t32, with air con etc. like idea of windows already in, it is just a matter of ordering a bed, and getting it insulated and lined, plus electric hook up. Kitchen pod can go in later.

Having looked at so many vans, head starts spinning!!!

The 30k on clock might be the deal breaker though !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know silky,

I really would like hook up, and leisure battery, carpet and lined and ultimately a RIB bed, which probably takes me to another 3k , but then all done! Is the RIB bed necessary, I am. Sure that is another can of worms!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Thanks DSM, I know seen a 10 plate with 64k on, same price.

Just appeals that its ready to drive, seat in back for my daughter, and is the t32, with air con etc. like idea of windows already in, it is just a matter of ordering a bed, and getting it insulated and lined, plus electric hook up. Kitchen pod can go in later.

Having looked at so many vans, head starts spinning!!!

The 30k on clock might be the deal breaker though !
I bought a 2005 T30 (174) Panel Van in 2010 with 28K on the clock for £11K (now 79K). It had the full spec I was looking at, ac, ew, Captains Seats, Criuse, and had been lovingly cared for by the previous owner (1). I spent a year looking for vans and I've probably spent another £2K on ICE, Windows, Rear Seats blah blah blah. I think the van is great and drive with a smile on my face when I'm not telling @*seholes to get above 40mph.

Is it worth it, of course it is. After all, I worked my nuts off to pay for it and it's my hard earned cash, so it's my opinion that matters to me.

Don't forget being a T32 that it is a Class 7 vehicle for MOT purposes so it's the truck MOT station for you. LOL:

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
plenty of rock n roll beds out there one or two are pull tested,you would want something safe for your little one,there not cheap but a must.:ILU:

·
Registered
958 Posts
An 06 should come with all previous MOTs, or if not, you should be able to look them up online and confirm the mileage.
`Downsides` to low mileage is that at this age the cambelt is going to need changing fairly soon if not already done....

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought an 05-plate T30/130 Kombi 3 months ago with only 33K on the clock. 1 previous owner, I bought it from VW dealer, they'd sold it new originally and confirmed the history. Didn't want one that 'old' but great spec and everything added up. With a personal plate on it looks more like a 3-year-old one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Riley1973 is my son. Clearly he is trying very hard to find a VW van. I have a 2002 T4 2.5Tdi (Autosleeper Trident), my brother has a 2003 ex AA van converted into a "weekender" and my nephew uses a T5 for his work. I'm getting worried. What I need to know is whether wanting to own a VW van is an illness and, if so, is it hereditary? Is there a cure? Should I swap mine for a Transit van........?? Anybody got any ideas.......?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Riley1973 is my son. Clearly he is trying very hard to find a VW van. I have a 2002 T4 2.5Tdi (Autosleeper Trident), my brother has a 2003 ex AA van converted into a "weekender" and my nephew uses a T5 for his work. I'm getting worried. What I need to know is whether wanting to own a VW van is an illness and, if so, is it hereditary? Is there a cure? Should I swap mine for a Transit van........?? Anybody got any ideas.......?
Wash your mouth out!!!!!! LOL:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'd always be wary with a vehicle with a much lower mileage than expected, but if there's a history to substaniate it then all the better. If you ask the question if it's worth it then you will get 100 different answers; plus with VAT you are over 12K. You would get a newer model for about the same?

If it's worth it to you and you are happy to buy it then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Don't forget that once you buy it then you will join the neverending trial that we all go on to mod it up, and that ain't cheap :eek:

Good luck with whatever you decide. ;)
These are very wise words Mr Riley....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey thanks for the advice all, ended up going to see it, soon as I saw it , knew it was right van.

Loved the spec, low mileage and a dream to drive! So...... I put a deposit down and collect it next Friday !!

Joining team silver soon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts