VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searches here but im still confused.

ive got to replace the 4 Pin BROWN temp sensor on my 1997 1.9td ABL.

Now JK and VW heritage sell black ones with a yellow band that they say are a direct replacement - these are black with a yellow band, now that sounds like a standard vw 4 pin jobbie i can pick up local for less then a fiver, but will it work?

ive googled and come up with black with yellow stripe 4 pin, green 4 pin but no one selling a brown 4 pin except VW?

can someone please clear up what i need or will the pretty much universal black with yellow stripe 4 pin one work just as well?

its the last bit ive not replaced on my t4 to cure the cold start issues and its really starting to annoy me

ta

DAn

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just ordered one for my AJA 2.4D and a green one arrived. The old one I pulled out of the engine was brown but I stuck the green one in anyway. Was that a good idea? The problem I was having seems to now be fixed now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just ordered one for my AJA 2.4D and a green one arrived. The old one I pulled out of the engine was brown but I stuck the green one in anyway. Was that a good idea? The problem I was having seems to now be fixed now.
You`ve answered your own question then :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts