VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a situation whereby a different engine size comes up on the Direct Gov site when checking vehicle history??

Allegedly vehicle has one prev owner, FSH, no engine rebuild/replacement but is being advertised as 1.9TDI 800 special but when i try to complete a few online checks it comes up as a 2461cc. What is the likelihood that the Direct Gov site is wrong?

Or is this a case whereby the seller has the details wrong and it is the 888 special with 88bhp rather than an 800 special.

Opinions please?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Direct gov wrong :eek: dont say that they will send the "The Spanish Inquisition" after you and burn you at the stakeLOL:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, it isn't me performing witchcraft!! aside from me possibly annoying 'the man' any other thoughts??:*

·
Registered
123 Posts
You say it has had no engine rebuild/replacement, then it cant be a 1.9 TDi as VW did not make t4's with 1.9TDi engines, the only 1.9 TDi's have been conveted. :confused:

It might be a 1.9 td and the sellers got it wrong in the listing.

With the Direct Gov i dont have a clue :*:*

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, it is listed as a 1.9TD in the sellers description. I suppose only time will tell to get to the bottom of it! Any more opinions, keep em coming!T:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
South cost if I PM you my reg can you tell me how much rust mine came with when it left the factory LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts