VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a non turbo diesel cyl head for 1.9 (1991 on) T4. Mine maybe a little worn. If you're breaking a van/engine with a good head let me know a price, cheers.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
I wouldn't chance it bud or you might end up having something which looks decent which is not like i did (£600 money burned). Take my advice, if you value your van dont cut corners and buy new they are only £400 ready to fit with tappets valve guides and cam complete, it will even come with new bolts and a decent Elring head gasget.

AW Engineering are the people you need to talk to mate. The non turbo head might even be a bit cheaper!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I wouldn't chance it bud or you might end up having something which looks decent which is not like i did (£600 money burned). Take my advice, if you value your van dont cut corners and buy new they are only £400 ready to fit with tappets valve guides and cam complete, it will even come with new bolts and a decent Elring head gasget.

AW Engineering are the people you need to talk to mate. The non turbo head might even be a bit cheaper!
not wishing to but in,but have you details of the above, I think my 1x head is tatters and need a new one

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realise it might not be the best idea but i've treated myself to a new cam, tappets , guides etc and it's still losing pressure so might be a bit worn maybe, so wondered if anyone had a good one out there I could transplant my new stuff into. Hmm, anyone got a new one then?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep new head from those guys came first thing this morning. Spent the day transferring parts onto it and it's all back in the van. Plumbing the pipework for the cooling in tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
go for new mate.
i went down the second had route. put one on wich was no good. got another and it lasted a 1000 miles and died again.

had a new engine from aw engineering and it back running sweet.

dont bother chancing the second hand.

it will only come back and bite you hard in the wallet

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's like a different van, used to seriously lose power on hills before the valve went. Drove 120 miles today uphills down flat whatever 70mph non turbo!!!! I'm so chuffed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts