VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'd like to pick some brains if I may....?

I believe the turbo on my T4 is cream crackered, there is oil coming from where it shouldn't be (boost gauge nipple). The advice I've been given to get get it replaced, which is fine. However I wanted to see if this was a job I could do myself before paying out for garage fees.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a how to guide, particularly removal of the bolts at the back of the unit? I'm also thinking of replacing the injectors so any advice on that would also be most welcome.

Thanks in advance
Dan

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Have just bought a Hybrid turbo from Rake for my ABL so I too would like some info on this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi everyone, I'd like to pick some brains if I may....?

I believe the turbo on my T4 is cream crackered, there is oil coming from where it shouldn't be (boost gauge nipple). The advice I've been given to get get it replaced, which is fine. However I wanted to see if this was a job I could do myself before paying out for garage fees.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a how to guide, particularly removal of the bolts at the back of the unit? I'm also thinking of replacing the injectors so any advice on that would also be most welcome.

Thanks in advance
Dan
I got my turbo rebuilt from a place in East Sussex £200 and this thing doesn’t miss a beat if you want the details I can them to you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can PM them to you. Sorry hot sweaty sausage fingers today in this heat 😩
Hi, thanks for your reply, I know that feeling! Lol. I have managed to find a replacement at a good price. I’ve given up on doing it myself as I just don’t have the right tools for the job, so have found a local guy who’s going to fit it for me. Hopefully I’ll be back on the road in no time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts