VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 1998 1.9TD 888 Special and the front exhaust section which includes the CAT is rusty and about to fall off.

Can anyone tell me if I can use a pipe from another T4 as a decat pipe? I went to my local motor factors but they were being nod 'eds saying saying they would only sell me the right one for the van:*

Cheers

Jay

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Try online automotive mate. If its a three bolt flange onto the downpipe you could buy a 2.4d front section which is just a silencer. Thats what i use and it makes a fair bit of difference to the midrange power.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i would think its the same as mine if so go on ebay and put in vw t4 de-cat their about £50 deliverd easy to fit and makes loads of difference in power it also gives a little turbo whistle hope this helps

·
Registered
652 Posts
As I'm spanner shy... it was pointed out to me that your cat has scrap value... just incase youre like me, and unaware of these things!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 3 bolt flange so I need the one on ebay, good price aswell, I'm in the trade and it still cost me nearly £40 - not sure what the quality is like at that price:eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts
i bought one from ebay for my 2.5 and i can say the quality is good ( i wont get excieted its an exhaust) but i was amazed at how the power is up with a decat and i think so is my fuel economyT:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts