VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
all the water pipework goes back to were it originaly came from, well it did on mine anyway.

andy

ps nice work there billy and hope yours goes well juz :ILU:

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi another one for you all have done this,,when drilling the dipstick hole in the block did you use a normal drill bit or anything else,,cheers juz

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks like a great conversion done there.

I would like to do this to mine. Funny thing is i already have a different engine in mine. As the dip stick is on the front but not sure what engine it is as i cannot find the engine code on the engine!!
Its a pain checking the oil but is possible.

If i already have the block what would i need to change to make it work? I:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
sounds like you already have the block mate your so looks already halfway there T:

im afraid off the top of my head i cant think were the engine code is on the block though.

andy

·
Registered
224 Posts

I would like to do this to mine. Funny thing is i already have a different engine in mine. As the dip stick is on the front but not sure what engine it is as i cannot find the engine code on the engine!!

just thinking why when you do the tdi conversion you need to drill dipstick then,if yours is still in the front,,does it read correct,,mmmm might save me drilling my block out,,:)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

you might be lucky there bud T:.. have a good look at your injectors particularly the third from the left , if this injector looks a bit longer than the rest and has a wire attached it should be a TDI engine , also check the very bottom right on the front of the engine block for a crank sensor

just a thought have you changed you oil ?? if so did you manage to drain all the oil ok , its just the golf sump has its outlet halfway up the sump due to the different angle the engine sits at in a t4..

you might already have the 1z in there mate i know someone else does and they have a mechanical pump fitted to it - i think it is golfgtioz

yiou might just need to fit the pump and golf loom there:ILU:

the new cambelt kit arrived the other day for a bit of crimble servicing , it would be a shame not to try an fit the tdi pump I:

just thinking why when you do the tdi conversion you need to drill dipstick then,if yours is still in the front,,does it read correct,,mmmm might save me drilling my block out,,:)

i still use the dip stick hole in the front of the block , my tdi block was already fitted so i dont have the chance of drilling , what i did was remove the golf dip stick pipe , fit the long t4 pipe in the hole ( nice a tight ) then use the t4 dip stick .. you need to recalibrate the marks on the dip stick , ( fill engine with correct measure of oil , run to fill oil filter ect , let it stand for a few mins , pull out dip stick and mark the oil line with a scribe , works for me .

1 - 20 of 76 Posts