VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the new year I'll be making a start on my TDi conversion and I'm gathering parts. Should I change the water and oil pumps on the donor engine (151k on the clock) at the same time as I do a cam belt change?

the water pump is fairly reasonably priced at Euro Car Parts, but the oil pump is fairly pricey.

Already got the cam belt kit from my local VW stealer (just around the corner from my house), but they can only order car parts not van parts.

I assume that the oil and water pumps are the van ones rather than the car ones.

Cheers
Pete

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
I used all the parts from the ABL lump but but really wished i had changed the oil pump while it was in bits. If the water pump is good from the ABL engine and you know its history i would re use it unless its near the end of its life. Fit a new oil pump for sure bud or you will regret it like i am.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used all the parts from the ABL lump but but really wished i had changed the oil pump while it was in bits. If the water pump is good from the ABL engine and you know its history i would re use it unless its near the end of its life. Fit a new oil pump for sure bud or you will regret it like i am.
okey cokey, two new pumps it is then!! *<:)>

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so new pumps will be used, but should I go for OEM form VW or Euro Car Parts?

GSF have two makes of water pump, both have medal impellors but one is cast (the cheaper one made by Circoli) and one has a pressed and bent impellor (made by KWP), which one would you go for given the choice?

Having phoned my nearest TPS (MK) the price of genuine vs pattern parts is pretty much the same until you add VAT to the VW parts.

Too muddy the waters further Euro Car Parts currently have a 25% off deal…..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts