VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

New member here. Just bought a 55reg 1.9 t26. First VW. After having spent a small fortune having the gearbox rebuilt and a new dmf and clutch i have now got a misfire. Not being at all familiar with these engines, is there anybody out there who might be able to guide me tracking it down. Initial thoughts are injectors, but it might also be just blocked filters. There are no lights on the dash so i am hoping its nothing too serious. any help gratefully received.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi it could be a injecter loom as these are very prone to break down pretty sure mine has gone iv had the injecters out and serviced but still the same and my van is a 1.9 Tdi looms a lot cheaper than the injecters out T:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. thats sort of what i am hoping. Was going fine until accelerated onto dual carriage way then just started to miss-fire. Continued until i got home. Going to check out what its like from cold to see if any different. Out of curiosity how much does it cost to refurb them? Replacements look pretty bloody expensive!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi. Not to sure yet how much it's costs as I haven't had the bill from the garage but he did quote originally about £40 an injecter to service I also had the tandem pump changed as my van was struggling with bad starting but after changing its a different van all together when yr van misfires does it judder under accerating as mine does feels like the engine is juddering shakes the whole van

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not meaning to hijack thread but i have a set of 4 injectors that i brought brand new last year-still got the receipt. Do not need now as i have had a replacement engine that came with injectors. Would maybe do deal if needed. They have done about 8k miles.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would 100% change the injector loom before doing anything else or buying anything, there about £53 from TPS, i spent loads and my missfire ended up being this and yours sounds the same.~

Its easy to change by yourself with a few tools, take the rocker off then you will see the loom, it screws in from the right straight through the head you just undo it and, remove it from the injectors and it pulls out and the new one slides in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay. That would be great. Even worse today. From cold its sweet, as soon as it gets warm it starts and gets steadily worse. Called out the AA as was at work. Unfortunatly it did not play up then. Booked in for diagnostic check on friday so wait n see.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Not meaning to hijack thread but i have a set of 4 injectors that i brought brand new last year-still got the receipt. Do not need now as i have had a replacement engine that came with injectors. Would maybe do deal if needed. They have done about 8k miles.
I can clarify these injectors have covered very little mileage as I fitted them and engine is sat in my workshop, please feel free to bring it to me, and I'll diagnose it correctly

Regards

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts