VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering weather it would be worth me coverting from 1.9td ABl to 1.9tdi IZ engine from mk3 golf .
Ive got a a 98 lwb T4 transporter and was looking at the conversion to give me more power and if possible economy .

Can those who have done the conversion ,let me know how worth while it is and weather this conversion allows remapping to obtain both power /economy ?.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi Azim,

The IZ engines standard figures are 89bhp and 202Nm's of torque. This can be increased to 108bhp and 252Nm's of torque (or there abouts) using our software.

Obviously the figures quoted are engine condition dependant :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sounds like a healthy improvement on my Abl .
What can i expect in terms of fuel consumption ?.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It'll be hard to tell if I am honest :) Normal T4/T5's will see some increase in MPG on a Performance remap and the 1Z engine you will use should see some improvement. MPG is a funny thing as its not always the remap that gets good results, its the running gear too, tyre pressures, tyre size, weight etc.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should at least be more refined and responsive (i hope ).
Retro fitting cruise control should also be possible with this conversion .

·
Registered
439 Posts
It certainly will be more responsiveT:

When are you thinking of doing the conversion?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soon as i find a complete doner vehicle with the milage less than that required to get to the moon and back :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
ballpark they are 90hp and will give just under 40mpg in standard trim in a t4, (thats roughly what im getting)

various chips claim to increase this up to around a max of 115bhp and an increase in mpg to slightly above 40mpg (have a chipped ecu to fit but haven't yet so cant confirm/deny the above)

sure you can get 90 hp from playing with an abl but you definitely wont see mpg like that in the process.

p.s potential to fit cruise control is also a nicety on a TDi motor!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts