VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1.9d throttle cable

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Sicoracing 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have read a few threads on the forum about 1.9d throttle cables. I have only my T4 for about 3 months and when I press the accelorator pedal it does not do a lot and then you get all the revs at ones. Will changing the throttle cable sort this kind of problem or does it do something else?

Sorry if it is a daft question.

If anyone has other ideas to improve the drivability of my van I would be all ears! I'm don't really want to change the engine or add a turbo by the way. It is about to have its MOT done so I might get some other tweaks done by the garage at the same time.

#2 ·
Mine was the same for a bit. Take it off and lube it with a releasing oil like wd40, the lighter the better.
It clips off on the pump and is booked on at the pedal. Once off, hold one end, remove the rubber boot and run some oil, move the cable in and out a few times and repeat until nice and free. Takes 15 minutes and well worth the effort. There are plenty of threads if you do a search, for more detail. Have fun.

#5 ·
I chose to fit a new cable (well the garage I use sorted it whilst I was having other work done). What a difference! I have only driven it 4 miles but I enjoyed driving the van for the first time in the last 7 months of owning it. Thanks for all the advice and PMs on this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.