VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1.9TD 800 Special SWB
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my springs with either Vogtland 40's with thin poly shims, or Vogtland 60's; I can't decide between the two, but I do like the low look. My current springs are Jamex and they keep bottoming out when I carry any weight (eg. 18 paving slabs); most of the time the van's empty with just two seats in the back. I'm just worried that if I go for the Vogtland 60's I'll still have the same problem bottoming out when carrying any weight.
I'm still on the original shocks which have now clocked up 246k, work fine and still pass MOT okay, but
I am also wondering whether I should go for a new set of Vogtland Shocks at the same time as getting new springs.
Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I Only sell the Vogtland 40s with the 5mm shims this will give a 50mm drop and still carry weight, I tried the Vogtland 60s but I was not impressed asd the do not carry much weight, btw Vogtland took the 60s from their catalogue 6 years ago and only one dealer sells them, I have had a few customers who bought these and regretted their decision and bought the 50s set from me.

·
1.9TD 800 Special SWB
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered a Vogtland package of -40s springs, shocks and lowering shims from Richard at Bluebird Customs; can't wait to get them fitted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts