VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just completed a tdi conversion so will be selling my ABL engine as a whole if somebody wants it.

Good points

Recon head with receipt for work to fit it for over a grand, done approx 15k miles on recon head.

no play in any of the pulleys when removed.

Entire engine had only done 118k when removed - got mot certs etc for the van to prove this is genuine.

injector pump in gwo with no leaks

Ran well prior to removal bar oil leak mentioned below

Bad points.

Camshaft seal has been leaking so will need replacing looks worse than it is as it had been dripping down the cam belt cover and onto the alternator and flicking everywhere.

Few parts missing such as dipstick, pickup, sump,exhaust manifold/turbo and breather piping as these were used for the TDi conversion.

As a whole the sale includes rocker cover, head, block, injector pump, inlet manifold, there's a water pump on it still which i think is a gen vw one. The golf sump is attached to it and can go with it too, fitted it to keep the moisture out
'
looking for £280 all in for it as a whole which i think is fair reflecting that the camshaft seal needs doing, not a difficult job to do with it out the vehicle.

will give it a week at this price to sell, and if it hasn't gone will break and sell remaining bit separately. The head has got to be worth most of that asking price

collection from Gloucester

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as said above bud, would prefer to sell as a whole but if its still here next weekend i will break and sell bits separately.

I'm fully aware i could make more selling it in bits but would prefer one sale of everything, less hassle and effort that way

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
This is a cheap ABL motor snap it up if you need one before someone else does.

·
Registered
138 Posts
have you ever had to buy a dieseal pump ?? £280 for the whole lot inc pump.....sounds like deal of the centuary to me..T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts